Anki login error

Daljit

31 Jul, 2020 04:26 AM

I have the same problem as the person in this question:
 "I just reset my password for AnkiWeb. When I went to use Anki (computer version), I got an error message saying that my password was incorrect (the error message disappeared before I could capture it). What do I need to do so that Anki (computer version) has the correct password and thus can sync to AnkiWeb?"
But when I click on the sync button, I still get the same message 'AnkiWeb ID or password was incorrect;please try again.' There is no option to sign in again.
How do I connect the anki on my desktop to ankiweb?

1. 1 Posted by Lahnie on 31 Jul, 2020 04:59 AM

I'm having the same problem with my daughters account.
    We reset her password and get "Sorry, the password you provided does not match our records. If you have forgotten it, please reset your password."

You click the link an reset the password and sing in again....same message, the password you provided does not match our records...

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Damien Elmes on 01 Aug, 2020 12:32 AM

Lahnie: please see my reply to your other post.

Daljit: there's a log out / deauthorize button in the preferences screen you can use; after pressing it syncing should prompt you for your login details. I'll look into why it's not happening automatically when the password is changed.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac