one profile file cannot open

chen li

02 Jul, 2020 01:45 PM

Dear Sir,

I have been using Anki version 2.0.48 for a few years under username A on my windows 10.

Yesterday, I log onto my PC under username B and install the latest anki version in a new path.

It is strange that when I log out account B and log in back to account A, I can find that the new version appears on desktop on account A(old account).

Then I open the old anki to "profiles" tab. I have 6 individual profiles under this tab. But I find out that I cannot open one profile file.

When I open this specific profile file, anki quickly loads it but in less one second it goes back to "profiles" tab again

Any comments?

Thanks,

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 03 Jul, 2020 01:29 AM

Please see the top of https://changes.ankiweb.net/#/

2. 2 Posted by chen li on 03 Jul, 2020 08:23 PM

Hi Damien,

I already delete the new anki version under a different user account ( account B).

I only has old anki 2.0.48 under the old user account( account A).

so there is no " downgrade" after I switch the profile.

should I can just re-install the exact old version and be able to open all profiles?

please remember---there are 6 profile files and only one cannot open and the remainings are OK.

Thanks.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 04 Jul, 2020 12:02 AM

You will need to install the new version again and follow the steps at the top of that page.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac