deck and card info sidebar during review [Official thread]

ijg

19 Feb, 2020 11:27 PM

I made this add-on. If you have a problem with the add-on deck and card info sidebar during review post in this thread. This way I get notified. If you make a new thread I will likely miss it.

1. 1 Posted by hugomarins on 21 Mar, 2020 09:47 PM

ijg, I don't know coding in any language, but as far as I could understand, after the change in computing overdue days in you last version, the overdue days shown were always one day less than the actual overdue days.

As I thought it was wrong, I changed the code in the helper_functions.py file:

def valueForOverdue(card):
    (...)
        if myvalue:
            diff = myvalue - mw.col.sched.today
            if diff < 0:
                a = (diff * - 1) - 1
                return max(0, a)
            else:
                return 0
        else:
            return 0

I deleted the bolded (- 1). After that, the overdue days appear the way I so far think is correct.

Is there a reason for that (- 1)? Please let me know.

Thanks for your fantastic add-on!

2. 2 Posted by ijg on 22 Mar, 2020 12:23 PM

Thanks for notifying me.

In 2020-02-20 this seemed like a good idea. I don't remember why I did it. I reverted this change and have updated the add-on on ankiweb. Please update so that you can test my change.

If you still have this error or find another error let me know.

3. 3 Posted by ufo12413 on 06 Jun, 2020 11:22 AM

hi, ran into a bug today that will cause the card info window to appear blank and anki the program saying it runs into an error, right when i try to review my cards.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/g9EQFTm

Here is the debug window when the error pops up:

Debug info:
    Anki 2.1.25 (898801eb) Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.13.1 PyQt 5.14.1
    Platform: Mac 10.15.4
    Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=1
    Add-ons, last update check: 2020-06-06 18:30:51
    Add-ons possibly involved: ⁨deck and card info sidebar during review, Review Heatmap⁩

Caught exception:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "aqt/webview.py", line 34, in cmd
    File "aqt/webview.py", line 114, in _onCmd
    File "aqt/webview.py", line 518, in _onBridgeCmd
    File "</Applications/Anki.app/Contents/MacOS/decorator.pyc:decorator-gen-28>", line 2, in _linkHandler
    File "anki/hooks.py", line 638, in decorator_wrapper
    File "anki/hooks.py", line 635, in repl
    File "/Users/itserichsieh/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/review_heatmap/links.py", line 69, in heatmapLinkHandler
    return None if not _old else _old(self, url)
    File "aqt/overview.py", line 67, in _linkHandler
    File "aqt/main.py", line 635, in moveToState
    File "aqt/gui_hooks.py", line 1810, in call
    File "/Users/itserichsieh/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/673114053/init.py", line 85, in maybe_restore_sidebar
    cs.show()
    File "/Users/itserichsieh/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/673114053/sidebar_base.py", line 79, in show
    update_contents_of_sidebar(self)
    File "/Users/itserichsieh/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/673114053/sidebar_set_contents.py", line 27, in update_contents_of_sidebar
    p = current_card_deck_properties(card)
    File "/Users/itserichsieh/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/673114053/card_deck_properties.py", line 93, in current_card_deck_properties
    p["d_new_sep"] = conf['new']["separate"] # unused
    KeyError: 'separate'

And here is a list of add-ons that i installed:

deck and card info sidebar during review
    Frozen Fields
    Image Occlusion Enhanced for Anki 21 alpha
    load balancer
    Review Heatmap
    True retention by Card Maturity
    Weirdly enough, the add-on that serves as the base of "deck and card info sidebar during review", "Extended Card Stats During Review", works fine for me.
    It says the error is possibly involving "Review Heatmap" or "deck and card info sidebar during review"; I've tried to disable/uninstall Review Heatmap, but the error kept popping up. So i assume it may be a bug in "deck and card info sidebar during review" add-on?

I would KILL to use the beautiful add-on that you guys created and have been helping to maintain it. Looking forward to any information to get rid of this error.

4. 4 Posted by ijg on 06 Jun, 2020 02:00 PM

note to self: the problem from the preceding post was also reported on github as issue 6 and was fixed with the release from 2020-06-06.

5. 5 Posted by German on 23 Jun, 2020 09:51 AM

Is it possible to show the side bar by default, without having to press the shortcut?

Thanks.

6. 6 Posted by German on 27 Jun, 2020 08:19 AM

I've tried to do this:

if the config option "open on first review after start" is "true" you should see the sidebar by default. You must restart Anki after changing this config value.

But I don't actually know what you're talking about when comes to that config thing since that option doesn't appear on the settings.

I've done this so far and it didn't work:

https://imgur.com/JrzbkUt

7. 7 Posted by ijg on 27 Jun, 2020 09:29 AM

the version you use is old. I can see this from the screenshot you posted.

You should update the add-ons and restart and try again.

If you don't get this add-on offered as an update when you update the add-ons: What's your Anki version? To find out your Anki version: In the main window in the menu bar click on "Help", then "About Anki". The latest version of this add-on depends on features that were introduced with Anki 2.1.22.

If you have Anki 2.1.22 or newer: Uninstall and reinstall the add-on. I had similar cases where people reported that they didn't get updates but that reinstalling helped. I never could reproduce this.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac