Autocopy to clipboard

Oxyrhynchos

15 Sep, 2018 05:07 PM

Hi,

two years ago I asked for help because I looked for a way to copy the content of a certain field of my cards to clipboard automatically whenever a new card is shown.

A user called 'Ankitest' helped me very much:
He wrote an addon called "_autocopy2clipboard.py" which did exactly what I was looking for.

My problem is that I would like to update the addon to work with the new Anki 2.1 but I myself am not able to do it.
Therefore I would like to ask you for help in three alternative ways. Could somebody perhaps ...

1.) ... update the addon to work with the new version? I have attached the file. It's a huge amount of code, but I would only need the core functionality.
2.) ... write a new addon which is able to do the job?
3.) ... give me informations how to contact 'Ankitest'?

Thanks in advance!

Johannes

1. 1 Posted by Glutanimate on 16 Sep, 2018 04:23 AM

Hi Johannes,

It would seem like Dmitry (AnkiTest) is no longer active in the Anki community, unfortunately, but I would be happy to assist you in getting this add-on ported to 2.1 or re-implementing its core functionality. Just feel free to send me an email at ankiglutanimate [αt] gmail.com and I will be happy to discuss the details with you!

Best,

Glutanimate

2. 2 Posted by camal4231 on 25 Nov, 2018 05:53 PM

Hello, I would also like to have a copy of this add on as well. Thank you for your time and consideration.

3. 3 Posted by bluerabbit on 26 Nov, 2018 01:08 AM

Just change qt4 to qt5

4. 4 Posted by bluerabbit on 26 Nov, 2018 01:10 AM

file wasn't attached

5. 5 Posted by luc.wastiaux on 17 Aug, 2020 09:43 AM

This addon has inspired me to write Quick Clipboard Copy: https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1297559139 , automatically copy a particular field to the clipboard when selecting a note in the browser.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac