Chinese Support Add-on

thomas.tempe

05 Oct, 2014 01:37 PM

This is the support area for Chinese Support Add-on.

Showing page 12 out of 12. View the first page

1. 331 Posted by juan.garutti on 03 Dec, 2018 03:44 AM

Hi! Great add-on, but I have a question.

Is it possible to set it so only simplified characters appear? Especially in the Measure word field.

Thanks!

2. 332 Posted by al on 03 Dec, 2018 04:15 AM

hello
    How can I get anki back to anki initial settings?

3. 333 Posted by Xavier Taylor on 03 Dec, 2018 10:29 AM

Hey, posted a minor bug and my workaround for it in the wrong spot:
    https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/add-ons/25685-found-and-fixed-a-bug-in-the-chinese-study-add-on

4. 334 Posted by naphta on 05 Dec, 2018 09:19 AM

Hi,
    I tried to update the add-on (redux) today but I got this error message:

Anki 2.1.5 Python 3.6.1 Qt 5.9.2 PyQt 5.9
    Platform: Windows 10
    Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=1

Caught exception:
      File "aqt\addons.py", line 380, in onDelete
      File "aqt\addons.py", line 140, in deleteAddon
      File "site-packages\send2trash\plat_win.py", line 58, in send2trash
    <class 'OSError'>: Couldn't perform operation. Error code: 124

I managed to update it by opening Anki in debug mode, but now the add-on has a new problem. When I try to make changes to an already existing card, I get this error:

Caught exception:
      File "aqt\webview.py", line 27, in cmd
      File "aqt\webview.py", line 80, in _onCmd
      File "aqt\webview.py", line 333, in _onBridgeCmd
      File "aqt\editor.py", line 268, in onBridgeCmd
      File "anki\hooks.py", line 34, in runFilter
      File "C:\Users\ASUS\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1128979221\edit.py", line 74, in onFocusLost
        if updateFields(note, field, allFields):
      File "C:\Users\ASUS\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1128979221\behavior.py", line 438, in updateFields
        update_all_Transcription_fields(hanzi, fieldsCopy)
      File "C:\Users\ASUS\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1128979221\behavior.py", line 205, in update_all_Transcription_fields
        update_Pinyin_fields(hanzi, d)
      File "C:\Users\ASUS\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1128979221\behavior.py", line 143, in update_Pinyin_fields
        format_Pinyin_fields(d)
      File "C:\Users\ASUS\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1128979221\behavior.py", line 130, in format_Pinyin_fields
        True
    <class 'TypeError'>: accentuate() takes 1 positional argument but 2 were given

Any hints on how to solve this? Thanks!

5. 335 Posted by norm on 11 Dec, 2018 07:38 AM

same issue as above...I updated from 053 to 084 and keep getting an error that says to disable add-ons when I restart. I've removed all other add-ons except this one. Is there any way to just load 053 again until the bugs are worked out?

6. 336 Posted by norm on 11 Dec, 2018 07:53 AM

Sorry, here is the error log:

Error
    An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
    If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools>Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
    When you've discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-ons section of our support site.
    Debug info:

Caught exception:
      File "aqt\addons.py", line 394, in onCheckForUpdates
      File "aqt\addons.py", line 156, in downloadIds
      File "aqt\addons.py", line 117, in install
      File "aqt\addons.py", line 140, in deleteAddon
      File "site-packages\send2trash\plat_win.py", line 58, in send2trash
    <class 'OSError'>: Couldn't perform operation. Error code: 124

7. 337 Posted by Jan on 12 Dec, 2018 05:17 PM

Hey, unfortunately the add-on 'Chinese support' does not seem to work for the newest anki version anymore... Is this true and do you plan on updating the addon?

Thanks!
    Jan

8. 338 Posted by naphta on 20 Dec, 2018 07:33 AM

I think issues related to the Redux addon should be posted on another forum, I'll try there
    https://github.com/luoliyan/chinese-support-redux/issues

9. 339 Posted by arthur on 07 Jan, 2019 05:21 AM

There is a problem when you close your profile and open it again. «Chinese Support» suddenly appear a sencod time in the menu.
    See e.g. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/373169624797282304/530247793768398888/unknown.png
    Note that it is not surprising, because you call loadMenu each time profile is loaded, while it is actually useless to add the menu to menuTools more than once.

10. 340 Posted by ebjepk on 10 Jan, 2019 07:46 AM

Hey, I'm not sure if this or the Github is the best place to post a bug in chinese-support-redux, so please forgive the double posting:

------

Since updating to the latest versions of Anki and chinese-support-redux, when I try to use the "Fill Transcription and Color" feature Anki displays the following error message:

Caught exception:
    File "/Users/MyName/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1128979221/fill.py", line 187, in bulk_fill_pinyin
    results += bulk_fill_pinyin(hanzi, note_dict)
    <class 'TypeError'>: bulk_fill_pinyin() takes 0 positional arguments but 2 were given

If I try to use the real time fill feature, (i.e. hitting tab after inputting Chinese characters to auto generate other fields) Anki just crashes or freezes.

Specs
    Anki 2.1.8 (71e0c880) Python 3.6.7 Qt 5.12.0 PyQt 5.11.3
    Platform: Mac 10.14.2

Chinese Support Version e.g. v0.9.1.-beta

I don't know anything about programming, but please let me know if there's any other information I can provide that will help.

Thank you!

11. 341 Posted by karsonelmgren on 25 May, 2019 07:46 PM

Thanks so much Thomas for this awesome tool!

When using Anki on my iPhone or Macbook, I notice that cards created with this add-on will show pinyin as well as the translation on the front, which is not the case when using Anki on my Windows machine. Is there some way to adjust the settings to make it so that cards only show translation, and I have to recall both characters and pronunciation, on Mac and iPhone?

12. 342 Posted by Pilar on 21 Jun, 2019 08:27 PM

Hi, the Bopomofo field is not there, but a Silhouette field ???
    What should I do?

13. 343 Posted by Quip on 26 Sep, 2019 03:17 PM

When using Chinese (advanced) there is no sound file filling into the Sound field.

I'm using the version 0.10.10 and my anki is 2.0.52

I'm not very good at coding as never done before so not sure what the problem is, I just downloaded the add on and did what the youtube video told me (the one that is posted on your addon) so not sure what is wrong.

Thank you.

14. 344 Posted by MrXia on 27 Sep, 2019 05:41 AM

What an awesome update, thank you so much for this.
    However, there is a very annoying bug. If I try to auto-fill with speech engine disabled, I receive an error message and after that, no auto-filling at all is possible before i restart Anki.

What can I do? I have already re-named the sound field, but it still wants to auto-fill the sound and shuts down if I enter cards with speech engine disabled.

Here is the error message:

Error
    An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
    If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools>Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
    When you've discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-ons section of our support site.
    Debug info:
    Anki 2.1.15 (442df9d6) Python 3.6.7 Qt 5.12.1 PyQt 5.11.3

Caught exception:
      File "aqt\webview.py", line 27, in cmd
      File "aqt\webview.py", line 87, in _onCmd
      File "aqt\webview.py", line 368, in _onBridgeCmd
      File "aqt\editor.py", line 273, in onBridgeCmd
      File "anki\hooks.py", line 39, in runFilter
      File "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1128979221\edit.py", line 74, in onFocusLost
        if update_fields(note, field, allFields):
      File "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1128979221\behavior.py", line 267, in update_fields
        fill_sound(hanzi, copy)
      File "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1128979221\behavior.py", line 169, in fill_sound
        s = sound(hanzi, config['speech'])
      File "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1128979221\sound.py", line 38, in sound
        if source.count('|') != 1:
    <class 'AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'count'

15. 345 Posted by Nublet on 30 Sep, 2019 05:03 PM

Colour tone feature isn't working on other decks!
    (Using the chinese support version 0.10.10 and using anki 2.0.52)

The chinese deck provided is great but I wanted to use the addons for my own personal deck, I went into Editor Behaviour and I changed all the field names to represent the field names in my deck - I use a deck with more fields so I just wanted to transfer it over - every bit of information from the addon appears okay but the colours don't show at all. I'm not sure what the problem is because I don't know any coding, but if someone could help me with my problem it would be much appreciated!!

16. 346 Posted by luoliyan on 15 Dec, 2019 10:07 AM

The bug mentioned by MrXia is fixed in the current release of CSR. As far as I can tell, the other issues were either fixed some time ago, or relate to Anki 2.0 and the old Chinese support add-on.

17. 347 Posted by cokers on 14 Apr, 2020 08:43 AM

I didn't realize there was whole forum on this add on. Apparently several of us are getting errors using this add on. See the following discussion. Can you help us?

https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/add-ons/43317-chinese-support-redux-v0130-does-not-work-on-my-anki-2124

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac