Advanced Previewer Error

Vit

09 May, 2017 06:17 PM

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\cygwin\home\dae\win\build\pyi.win32\anki\outPYZ1.pyz/anki.hooks", line 55, in repl File "C:\cygwin\home\dae\win\build\pyi.win32\anki\outPYZ1.pyz/aqt.browser", line 999, in onTogglePreview File "C:\Users\Vit\Documents\Anki\addons_Editor_fontsize.py", line 980, in _openPreview self._renderPreview(True) File "C:\Users\Vit\Documents\Anki\addons\advanced_previewer\previewer.py", line 298, in renderPreview if cardChanged and not self._previewBoth: AttributeError: 'AdvancedBrowser' object has no attribute '_previewBoth'

Version 2.0.33 Qt 4.8.4 PyQt 4.10 Wind-8

1. 1 Posted by Glutanimate on 09 May, 2017 11:40 PM

Thanks for the report.

Was this an isolated instance or can you reliably reproduce the bug? If so, what steps did you take?

I've tested Advanced Previewer with both of the other add-ons mentioned in the traceback and they seem to work fine together for me.

2. 2 Posted by Vit on 10 May, 2017 02:08 AM

Thank you for the response.

In April, i posted the similar post :

https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/add-ons/9929-{mkd-extraction.... ( editor-fontsize-add-on`-interferes-with-advanced-previewer-add-on. )

I did not get any response - probably because this disclaimer:
    No support. Use it AS IS on your own risk. ??
    I turned it off at that time - because i did not need the "Adv Previewer". But
    when you added Scheduling and bypassed the Custom deck for Learn Ahead -- it is one of my
    Top add-ons !

Was this an isolated instance or can you reliably reproduce the bug?
    If so, what steps did you take?

1. Happens each time i try to use it.
    2. "Study now" -- Browser -- Preview.
    3. When i turned the "Adv Browser" off, the message was the same -- except it
      points to the "Browser":

File "C:\cygwin\home\dae\win\build\pyi.win32\anki\outPYZ1.pyz/anki.hooks", line 55, in repl File "C:\cygwin\home\dae\win\build\pyi.win32\anki\outPYZ1.pyz/aqt.browser", line 999, in onTogglePreview File "C:\Users\Vit\Documents\Anki\addons_Editor_fontsize.py", line 980, in _openPreview self._renderPreview(True) File "C:\Users\Vit\Documents\Anki\addons\advanced_previewer\previewer.py", line 298, in renderPreview if cardChanged and not self._previewBoth:

AttributeError: 'Browser'object has no attribute '_previewBoth'

The Editor_Fontsize is customisable; so i downloaded a fresh copy - to rule out
    my possible fat-fingers, editing errors.
    The message changed ( the line Numbers ):

File "C:\cygwin\home\dae\win\build\pyi.win32\anki\outPYZ1.pyz/anki.hooks", line 55, in repl File "C:\cygwin\home\dae\win\build\pyi.win32\anki\outPYZ1.pyz/aqt.browser", line 999, in onTogglePreview File "C:\Users\Vit\Documents\Anki\addons_Editor_fontsize.py", line 1060, in _openPreview self._renderPreview(True) File "C:\Users\Vit\Documents\Anki\addons\advanced_previewer\previewer.py", line 298, in renderPreview if cardChanged and not self._previewBoth:

AttributeError: 'Browser' object has no attribute '_previewBoth'

Should i open an issue on Github for the Editor_Fontsize add-on ?

3. 3 Posted by Glutanimate on 12 May, 2017 08:21 PM

It likely has to do with the Editor_Fontsize add-on, but I wouldn't regard this as a bug on either add-ons' ends. It's more of an unfortunate incompatibility stemming from the fact that both add-ons need to overwrite the browser._openPreview function. You could try reporting this as a bug, but I don't think there's any way to make these two compatible, safe for integrating the code of one into the other.

4. 4 Posted by Vit on 13 May, 2017 12:35 AM

Thank you for helping to put this problem to rest; i will delete the Font_Size.

Regards.

5. Vit closed this discussion on 13 May, 2017 12:35 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac