Cards based on new card-type haven't been generated

email

13 Jan, 2020 06:52 PM

Hi,
I am Alex, a novice regarding Anki. I am going to learn Chinese. To do so, I started very simple by one deck with one card-type (one side the Chinese word, other side the translation). Then I started to add further fields (e.g. one for sound etc.). Now, I want to create different card-types: e.g.
Type 1: Shows on the question-side a Chinese character, and on the answer side the Chinese pronunciation
Type 2: Question-side shows Chinese character, answer-side translation
etc.

I achieved this by creating (a) different card-types and moved those cards into different (b) sub-decks.

The issue:
When I created the new card-type, for each already existing card an additional had been created automatically. So I could apply a filter and move those to their sub-deck.
But for one card-type, I did not get for all cards an additional one (for whatever reason).

The question:
How can I automatically generate cards on the new card-type?

Thanks in advance for all hints/tips/tricks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 14 Jan, 2020 05:24 AM

If cards are not being generated, please check you have a non-blank field on the front side, and you're not trying to use negated conditionals.

2. 2 Posted by email on 14 Jan, 2020 06:09 AM

Thanks for the swift reply.
    Indeed it was my user-fault. I simply got lost with all the sub-decks.
    What I did wrong: I had to look for the missing cards in the deck on the highest level (not in one of the other sub-decks). There, I found the cards and could move them to the appropriate sub-deck.

Thanks again for the kind support!!!

P.S.: in the picture: I thought the card "ge1ge" was missing. But I did not find it, because it was in the deck "chinesisch" which is the highest level deck. There I should have search for it.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 14 Jan, 2020 10:02 AM

No problem, glad to hear things are working :-)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac