Accidentally overwrote AnkiWeb, lost all my decks.

Alex

11 Jun, 2020 05:10 AM

Hi!

My phone is currently broken so I have been using AnkiWeb for the last few days to review. I needed to add a deck today, so I downloaded the Anki program for the first time, added my deck, and then hit sync. I logged in and when it prompted me saying it could not merge the changes and I would have to force an upload one way. I figured this was because I added an entirely new deck, so I hit to upload the changes, and I did not realize it would overwrite my entire profile. I refreshed AnkiWeb to go view the deck, and immediately realized I should have read that prompt more carefully. I have now lost one of my decks that had around 9000 reviews or so in it. I do have backups, but because they were made when I first opened the program, the profiles are empty. I will not have access to my phone for the next two weeks or so, and have not for a few days already, so I can't backup from AnkiDroid. Is there any chance the deck is still stored on AnkiWeb? At least an outdated backup?

Thank you!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 11 Jun, 2020 11:19 AM

The last backup was about a week ago - I've restored your AnkiWeb collection to it. Please force a one way sync in the preferences, then choose "download".

2. 2 Posted by Alex on 11 Jun, 2020 01:46 PM

Oh my god thank you so much!

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac