Field not found after latest AnkiWeb update

thomas.kahn.tk

14 Jan, 2020 09:04 AM

Hi Damien,

since yesterday 4 of my users reported that suddenly certain cards don't work on AnkiWeb anymore which used to work for years. I was able to reproduce the problem.

Here you will find screenshots of this bug and a few cards to help you reproduce the problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezxw9b1o9eiwn16/AnkiWeb.zip?dl=0

Best,
Thomas

1. 1 Posted by thomas.kahn.tk on 14 Jan, 2020 09:07 AM

PS: When I tried creating a new thread here on tenderapp it failed every time (with 2 different browsers: Brave & Edge) when I attached the 3 files above as single files to the thread.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Damien Elmes on 14 Jan, 2020 10:13 AM

The problem is caused by your use of the ':' character in field names, which has a special meaning in Anki, and which Anki was not stopping you from using in the past. If you or your users update to the latest Anki version, they can edit a card, click the Cards... button and then close it, and Anki will rename the fields automatically.

I also strongly recommend you remove the HTML from your field names when distributing the content in the future, as it is likely to break things down the line.

3. 3 Posted by thomas.kahn.tk on 14 Jan, 2020 10:28 AM

Ah, this is good to know. In the latest version of my note types all HTML-code and ":" inside fields are gone anyway.

Thanks for the fast reply, Damien!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Damien Elmes on 14 Jan, 2020 09:43 PM

No problem, and glad to hear it doesn't impact your latest version.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac