Unidirectional sync is not unidirectional

Sami

27 Dec, 2019 05:02 PM

There is 750mb of media on my ankiweb account that I am trying to get rid of.

I have gone to tools > check media on my phone and my computer and deleted everything there.

From this point I go to tools > preferences > network > on next sync, force changes in one direction

I choose "upload collection to ankiweb..." - my computer proceeds to download 750mb of media from ankiweb

I decided that I must have clicked the wrong option, so I again deleted everything in tools > local media

This time, I click "download the collection from ankiweb..." and the exact same thing occurs.

I thought there may have been an issue with my computer, so I ran through both options on my phone. The same issue occurred in both directions.

I do not want any of these mediafiles that exist on ankiweb and, frankly, I'm not sure where they came from. Is there any way to get rid of them?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 28 Dec, 2019 09:23 PM

As mentioned in the manual, forcing a one way sync does not change the way media is synced. To remove media, please ensure all devices are fully in sync, then use the check media function on a device to delete the files. On the next sync, the deletions will be sent to AnkiWeb, and on to other devices.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac