My app crashes when I review from a parent deck (Anki 2.0.58 (20058.1) iOS)

YT

17 Feb, 2020 11:13 PM

This comment was split from the discussion: My app crashes when I review from a parent deck (Anki 2.0.58 (20058.1) iOS)

I have the same problem. I did Tools > Check Database, synced the computer and Anki iOS app, but I still get crashes. The app would crash when I load a new card during a review, and from then on, tapping the deck to start my review would crash the app again.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 17 Feb, 2020 11:16 PM

Hi YT,

When I use Check Database on your AnkiWeb collection in 2.1.20, it reports:

Fixed 46 cards with v2 scheduler bug.

If you then sync those changes to AnkiMobile, it should resolve the issue. Perhaps you did the DB check using an older Anki? If you continue to have problems, please force an upload to AnkiWeb, then choose download in AnkiMobile.

2. 2 Posted by YT on 17 Feb, 2020 11:24 PM

I thought I used Check Database in 2.1.20, but I will try again.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 18 Feb, 2020 01:07 AM

I just tried it again now and noticed it said 20 cards instead of 46. Perhaps you are using an add-on that reschedules cards, and it is causing the problem?

4. 4 Posted by YT on 18 Feb, 2020 04:53 AM

It seems like that is the issue. I disabled my add-on, and everything seems to be okay for now.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Damien Elmes on 18 Feb, 2020 10:19 AM

Out of curiosity, which add-on was the cause? Might be worth reporting the issue to the author.

6. 6 Posted by YT on 18 Feb, 2020 09:32 PM

It's called "put ALL due learning cards first". I also have couple other add-ons (Low Stakes, resetEZ), but I think this is the one that has been causing issues.

7. 7 Posted by YT on 18 Feb, 2020 11:25 PM

So actually, I still got crashes even when "put ALL due learning cards first" was disabled and "Low Stakes" was enabled, so I'm now thinking that "Low Stakes" is the issue here.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Damien Elmes on 19 Feb, 2020 08:53 AM

Thanks YT - an add-on that changes the way cards are rescheduled is more likely to be the cause than one that just changes the order they're presented. If the add-on author is still active, please let me know of the issue, and I'll try to make AnkiMobile more resilient to this bad data in the next update.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Damien Elmes on 21 Feb, 2020 02:39 AM

For anyone else experiencing this issue, 2.0.59 should become available in the app store in the next hour or so, and should prevent crashes from happening when cards with invalid data are encountered. If you experience any crashes after updating to 2.0.59, please let me know in a new ticket and I'll investigate.

10. 10 Posted by Amandine Frt on 06 Apr, 2020 05:51 AM

Hello, i've also a problem after updating the last 2.0.59
    When I verify the database after sync, it seems to be resolve after the message "Deleted 1 notes with missing cards or note types. Fixed 1 notes with invalid ID" but then when I sync again crash happening again.

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Damien Elmes on 07 Apr, 2020 03:05 AM

After checking the database, please go into the preferences>syncing screen and force a one way sync, then choose 'upload' on the next sync, then 'download' on any other devices. That will send your collection to verbatim to AnkiWeb, and should allow subsequent syncs to proceed.

12. 12 Posted by Amandine Frt on 07 Apr, 2020 04:53 AM

Problem resolved !!! Thank you so much Damien !!

13. 13 Posted by Amandine Frt on 26 May, 2020 09:43 AM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Sync problems

Hello Damien,

I'm sorry but I still have a problem with Anki app with a synchronization
    problem again.
    When I do what you told me to do last time, I can download the new files
    but the progress of my revisions doesn't synchronize (I've again > 3000
    revisions, fortunately I had made backups)

How to do? I need to add 300 files on my Ipad without the progress being
    reset.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac