The same cards appear twice

Ilnaz

31 Oct, 2019 06:46 PM

Good evening! I have a trouble while using Anki on my iPhone. My old cards always appear twice. First they come up when they are supposed to according to their schedule. However, next day the same cards are given by Anki to be revised again.

Could you please help me?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 31 Oct, 2019 10:24 PM

2. 2 Posted by Ilnaz on 03 Nov, 2019 05:55 AM

The card is not reversed. I don’t have any reversed cards in my deck. I see absolutely the same card (not the note) twice.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 03 Nov, 2019 11:10 PM

You have customized the deck options and added a 24 hour learning step. If you don't remember doing so, you can use the restore defaults button in the deck options to prevent cards from being given that step in the future when you forget them.

4. 4 Posted by Ilnaz on 06 Nov, 2019 06:58 AM

The problem relates to old cards, not new ones. I see the next interval when revising my cards, and when I tap Good, I expect the card to appear only a year later, as is indicated on the button. However, the card comes up again the next day. And only after I have tapped Good the second time in two days, does Anki set the interval of one year.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Damien Elmes on 06 Nov, 2019 09:45 PM

You have a 24 hour step in the lapse settings as well, which tells Anki to show a failed card the day after you failed it.

6. 6 Posted by Ilnaz on 07 Nov, 2019 02:59 PM

The problem doesn’t relate to failed cards, but rather to the cards which I can recall and tap Good.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Damien Elmes on 07 Nov, 2019 09:57 PM

Once you've failed a card, it will go through the relearning steps. Pressing Good will move it from the 30 minute delay you have set to the 24 hour delay you have set. If this is not the behaviour you desire, I recommend you reset your deck options back to the defaults.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac