Old cards have become new without input

Richard

08 May, 2013 06:31 PM

Hi,

After starting up Anki today I've noticed that some cards in my decks have been set to "new". These are all cards that have been reviewed already and are between 2 weeks and 2 months old.

I've searched for info on resetting the status of cards but only found manual ways to do this, nothing automatic.

The strange thing is that it hasn't happened to all decks but just some and not just to old cards, also ones that are relatively fresh (but already reviewed at least once).

Any ideas?

1. 1 Posted by Soren Bjornstad on 08 May, 2013 08:33 PM

No, there is no automatic way (that's intentional, at least). Do you use
    any mobile clients?

2. 2 Posted by Richard Goetz on 08 May, 2013 11:17 PM

Only Ankiweb, but I've just signed up and synced. Haven't actually reviewed cards on it yet.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 09 May, 2013 06:24 AM

Please click Info in the browser and look at the history. If they have no history, they are not the same cards, and you probably have created an extra card template.

4. 4 Posted by Richard Goetz on 09 May, 2013 02:09 PM

Thank you for your reply.

I've checked the history of the cards and saw that some have no review history.

I'm not sure how this happened since I haven't done anything except signing up for ankiweb and review cards.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Damien Elmes on 10 May, 2013 05:12 AM

Please search for one of the new cards. If you see more than one copy of it, please watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnbKwHEQ1mA

6. 6 Posted by Richard Goetz on 12 May, 2013 12:52 PM

There's only one card of each, no duplicate or flipped cards.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Damien Elmes on 13 May, 2013 03:37 AM

Sorry, but I can't think of any reason why this could happen without some action on your part. The review log is update-only, so it's not possible to delete records of previous reviews without deleting a card and creating a new one.

8. 8 Posted by Richard Goetz on 13 May, 2013 05:35 AM

I don't doubt that either, I just don't know what I could've done :). Perhaps the decks on my pc synced with Ankiweb in a weird way.... I don't know.

It hasn't happened again since so I reckon we'll leave it at that until it happens again (if it does). Thank you so much for your help!

9. 9 Posted by Soren Bjornstad on 13 May, 2013 11:26 AM

Hope it stays fixed, then.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac