Note creation date -- possible inconsistency?

BoggleMinds

30 Apr, 2013 07:08 AM

I'm running the latest version of Anki 2 (2.0.8), and noticed that in the Card Browser, the total number shown for "Added Today" seems inconsistent when cross-verifying in the "Whole Collection" view. For example, in the "Added Today" view it might say that I've added 17 notes, yet when I check in the "Whole Collection" view (making sure to sort by 'Created' date), there are 22 notes created today. All 22 notes have a creation date that is today, i.e. 30th April 2013. Switching back to "Added Today", only the most recent 17 notes are shown.

I've noticed some strange date issues and was wondering if there is anything to this. For example, there was a period in March 2012 where I was adding exactly 35 cards per day consistently over the entire month. In Anki 1's card browser I could see that on, say, March 13th I added 35 cards. But now in Anki 2's browser if I go to March 13th 2012, it shows 81 cards were added on that date. I have backups of my Anki 1 database which show that, indeed, only 35 cards were added on that date (and pretty much throughout March). So I'm wondering where this discrepancy is coming from.

I had a look at the collection.anki2 file in SQLite Browser, and it seems that the "id" field is being used to derive the creation date (via converting from Unix epoch timestamps). It seems to me that these timestamps are off somehow. Would anyone know what's going on here, and I'm not just imagining these inconsistencies?

It's not a huge issue, but I like to keep track of statistics such as cards added per day. Not sure why I'm seeing inconsistencies in the totals, so I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong or missing something obvious here..

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 30 Apr, 2013 03:56 PM

added:x is relative to the day cutoff (4am by default), but the due date displayed in the browser is a standard 12am cutoff. As for the extra number of added cards, perhaps you changed notes or note types which resulted in extra cards being generated for existing notes, such as adding reverse cards.

2. Soren Bjornstad closed this discussion on 17 May, 2013 06:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac