Pictures on Mac no longer Dropping (will drag, but not drop)

brazilionairre

18 Apr, 2013 06:31 PM

Researched this on the forums and google. Drag and drop was working fine. Then it stopped. Drag and Drop working fine Google to Word for Mac and Google to desktop so it is limited to Anki. I purchased the mobile version of the program to support you. Love that program A LOT!!!

Any ideas?

Thanks for the great program D!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 19 Apr, 2013 01:10 AM

Where are you dragging from, and where are you dragging to? Does restarting the computer help?

2. 2 Posted by brazilionairre on 19 Apr, 2013 01:22 AM

Dragging from Google Images in Google Chrome to Anki2 Deck Picture field by clicking Decks then Browse, then selecting deck then selecting card. Trying to add pictures to cards I already inputted. It is strange because it worked before for many months in v1 and v2. I tried Safari and it worked? so I can drag images from any browser to desktop, word, etc. works fine. Safari then does fine dragging and dropping to Anki2, but Chrome stopped working. Did not update Chrome. Tried rebooting. Tried restarting Finder. Tried restarting Chrome and Anki. So it is a Chrome/Anki2 issue. (the icon does not change to a green plus sign when over Anki.)

Thanks for the replay D and again great work. I tell everyone about the product. It got a lot easier to use in v2. Looking forward to v3 someday!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 21 Apr, 2013 05:12 AM

I can reproduce this issue in Chrome 26, but as it used to work in previous Chrome builds, I suspect it's a bug in Chrome rather than Anki, and I can't see any obvious way of working around the issue from Anki's side unfortunately. Hopefully they'll fix it in Chrome 27!

4. Soren Bjornstad closed this discussion on 17 May, 2013 05:58 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac