Error Rendering Syriac

Ryan

13 Apr, 2013 02:13 PM

Certain Syriac plurals are noted with two dots (syāmē) placed above one of the letters in the word (generally speaking it doesn't matter, though it's usually one of the shorter letters in the word). In Unicode, this feature is normally represented with the combining diaresis (hex 0x308).

Anki doesn't place the diaresis correctly, however. Attached are four screenshots, two of the inaccurate rendering in Anki and two of the proper rendering in another program (the word processor Mellel).

For reference, I'm using a font called Estrangelo Talada, which is freely available from Beth Mardutho (http://www.bethmardutho.org/index.php/resources/fonts.html). I'm running Anki 2.0.8 on OS X 10.8.3.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 14 Apr, 2013 03:28 AM

I'm hoping to get a build of the latest version of the toolkit out for Mac computers in the near future, so I'll post back here when I do so you can test to see if it helps.

2. 2 Posted by Ryan on 14 Apr, 2013 11:57 AM

Thanks!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 15 Apr, 2013 01:29 PM

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Damien Elmes on 09 May, 2013 07:26 AM

Any luck?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Damien Elmes on 09 May, 2013 07:26 AM

Ah sorry, I forgot you posted on the other thread. There's an updated build today that should work with existing profiles now, so it should be usable for daily use.

6. Damien Elmes closed this discussion on 09 May, 2013 07:26 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac