Not all cards due visible on upgrade

bentHnau

05 Apr, 2013 01:57 AM

I'm on Ubuntu Linux, coming from Anki version 1.2.8. I generally sync my decks with ankiweb, but they've been out of sync for a while because I use the library's internet, and their firewall blocks the sync, apparently. Thinking anki would get all necessary information about my decks from what is saved on my computer, rather than the out-of-date ankiweb data, I upgraded to the latest version. When I start up the upgraded version, it shows a significant difference in the number of cards that are due in my decks. I didn't think it applied to me, as I don't recall importing any cards from one deck to another, but I tried the fix explained at http://ankisrs.net/docs/changes.html#missing anyhow. It didn't work.

I'm guessing that anki does indeed get info about my decks from the actual decks on harddisk, so my question is: how can I get anki 2.0.8 to recognize the correct number of cards I have due?

1. 1 Posted by Soren Bjornstad on 05 Apr, 2013 03:03 AM

How much are the cards different? This is often just a change caused
    because Anki discards sibling spacing from the old version (and this blip
    will go away entirely in a few weeks, without a significant amount of more
    reviews). If you think the cards didn't import correctly, you can try
    opening a new profile and trying to import them again.

2. 2 Posted by bentHnau on 10 Apr, 2013 12:13 AM

The difference in cards is about 20 cards for one deck and a couple of hundred cards for another. I tried creating a new user and importing the decks, but the cards due is still incorrect. When I downgrade back to anki 1.2.8, the number of cards due is correct. I don't think the issue is sibling spacing, because one deck has no siblings at all.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 10 Apr, 2013 09:31 AM

If you can point to a particular card that's due in one version but not the other we explain why, but I doubt this is actually a bug.

4. 4 Posted by bentHnau on 18 Apr, 2013 03:17 AM

Problem solved. I had to change the maximum reviews per day in order to see all the cards due.

5. bentHnau closed this discussion on 18 Apr, 2013 03:28 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac