Noticed a few issues in the last couple of days, could be related to new update?

pasta

16 May, 2020 09:29 AM

Hi Everyone,

I've been using Anki for a while with the Fluent Forever radical deck (along with my own japanese deck) and everything was working perfectly. However, a few days ago I started receiving the following error messsage: "Back template has a problem: Found '⁨{{Optional: Stroke Order Diagram}}⁩', but there is no field called '⁨ Stroke Order Diagram⁩'". The deck still works on Ankidroid and the strange thing is that it also worked fine on my Manjaro PC. I didn't change anything and it just stopped working. Another issue is that the due date of every card in my other decks were moved into the future as shown on the attached image. I'm using the Kanji Colorizer (stroke order diagrams) and the card seems to have a problem with that. Not sure if anybody else encountered anything similar.

1. 1 Posted by addons_zz on 18 May, 2020 01:37 AM

1. Update to the latest Anki version from https://apps.ankiweb.net/ and then use Tools > Check Database
    2. Start reviewing cards and when a blank card show up hit the Edit button and then to the Cards... button and hit Ok when asked to update the collection.
    3. Now close the Cards window and the Edit window and your cards should start working normally.
  2. 2 Posted by Victoria Britta... on 18 May, 2020 01:08 PM

Have the same problem
    the flashcards appear on the computer but I get the error on the mobile app

3. 3 Posted by addons_zz on 18 May, 2020 05:51 PM

@vb did you try those steps I mentioned?

4. 4 Posted by pasta on 18 May, 2020 05:58 PM

@addons_zz This actually solved the card issue, thank you very much! :) Not sure what happened to the due date so I just set everything to "new"

5. 5 Posted by Victoria Britta... on 19 May, 2020 02:17 PM

@addons__zz
    my phone version of anki is updated, to the current version
    It's only occurring on my iphone and I can see the cards on my desktop version (I am running anki on windows 10 with a windows 8 compatibility) I went through the steps as mentioned and have not seen a change in the problem

6. 6 Posted by Victoria Britta... on 19 May, 2020 02:28 PM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Problem with ':' in field name

When I try to do the process of "Start reviewing cards and when a blank card show up hit the Edit button and then to the Cards... button and hit Ok when asked to update the collection.
    Now close the Cards window and the Edit window and your cards should start working normally." it's not even an option on my phone
    I did that on my computer (where it wasn't appearing as a problem) and re-synced everything and the problem still persists on my phone

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac