error solution

valentin.breit

15 May, 2020 07:46 AM

Hi staff,

I have a big problem. My friends and I are working our medical studies with all our cards. So I very often read cards which are not mine. That's why I'm always editing those one. But I sometimes select my text without wanting it and by writting a letter I delete my text unfortunately. I believe there is no option to come back. You know the back arrow to clear your previous modification. I do need this option, I wanna use ur app for the rest of my life.

plz forgive my english
hoping it is still understandable

Valentin

PS : maybe this is option exists, but I didn't find it on the app and in the manual :(

1. 1 Posted by addons_zz on 15 May, 2020 03:52 PM

1. Backup your collection (your Anki directory on your local computer), see Managing Files and Your Collection
    2. You will have to restore a backup from the earlier day and find the card using the card Browser. Once you do that, you copy the old card version somewhere.
    3. Now you restore today's backup and use the old card you copied.
  2. 2 Posted by valentin.breit on 15 May, 2020 07:48 PM

Thank you for fixing my issue !!

However the process could be a little bit long if I have to do it several times a day. It's better than nothing, but I would like to ask to the developers to add this "previous button" or "back arrow" ; it doesn't seem very tough to do, and it would be more practical !

Best regards

Valentin B.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 18 May, 2020 06:26 AM

ctrl+z while editing will undo the recent edit you made.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac