Create multiple cards from field?

alzuexreankder

13 May, 2020 08:30 PM

Good Morning,
i try to optimize my way of reading vocabulary into anki (using a csv instead of the program itself) and was wondering, if it is possible to create multiple cards from one field, so that i can train all the different translations of a word.

An example.

to urge somebody, to threaten somebody | opprimere | opprimo | opressî | oppressum

This is one note for a latin verb.
I know hot to make four different cards from it that give me the different latin words and ask for the english translations.
Now i'd like two cards for the different english translations so that i'd be asked
"to urge somebody" and "to threaten somebody".

Is there a way to do that?

(Simply creating another field would not be reliable, since sometimes there is only one translation, sometimes there is half a dozen.)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 14 May, 2020 09:42 AM

You'll need to create multiple fields, but if the extra cards reference a field that is blank, Anki won't create that card.

2. 2 Posted by alzuexreankder on 14 May, 2020 10:23 AM

Okay, not optimal but manageable.

Thank you for the repy!

3. 3 Posted by alzuexreankder on 14 May, 2020 12:17 PM

Just realized: If i do that and cards are not created, when a field is missing: Do i have to have a field with all the translations and a field for each single translation?
    Because when prompted with one of the latin words I have to know every translation, not one of them.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Damien Elmes on 14 May, 2020 11:25 PM

No, because you can create one card that has multiple fields on the front, and other cards that have only one field on the front.

5. 5 Posted by alzuexreankder on 16 May, 2020 10:38 AM

Okay, thank you, seems to work just fine. :)

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac