Upgrade problem

Ngoc Truong

13 May, 2020 02:28 PM

Hi,

I cannot open my open old file with the latest version of Anki. I tried the direction to click file>switch profile>downgrade but I still couldn't open the file.

1. 1 Posted by Aleksej on 13 May, 2020 02:48 PM

In my case, Anki 2.1.26 says the collection is corrupt. It seemed to work after starting in safe mode and checking the DB, but after switching back and forth (from 2.0.25 and 2.1.22), it can't even downgrade.

/anki-2.1.26-linux-amd64$ bin/anki
    qt: QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-fc'
    conf key addons should be fetched with col.get_config(), and saved with col.set_config()
    conf key addons should be fetched with col.get_config(), and saved with col.set_config()
    col_save() takes from 1 to 3 positional arguments but 4 were given
    DBError { info: "SqliteFailure(Error { code: DatabaseBusy, extended_code: 5 }, Some(\"database is locked\"))", kind: Other }

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Damien Elmes on 14 May, 2020 09:21 AM

That seems to indicate you have add-ons installed, and possibly another copy of Anki running. Please restart your computer, start Anki while holding down shift to disable add-ons, then try downgrading again.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 14 May, 2020 09:22 AM

(if your goal is to downgrade that is. If your goal is to just open the collection with the latest version, no need to downgrade)

4. 4 Posted by Ngoc Truong on 15 May, 2020 02:27 PM

Hello,

I still cannot open my file. I showed this when I tried to open the collection
    "Notes found in file: 5966. Notes skipped, as they're already in your collection: 5966". Then I downgraded and it said "Profiles can now be opened with an older version of Anki" but I still can't open the collection. I tried to restart my mac and hold shift but still didn't help

5. 5 Posted by addons_zz on 15 May, 2020 08:24 PM

@Ngoc what is exactly you are trying to do? What steps do you make?

See When problems occur.

Try to update to the latest Anki version from https://apps.ankiweb.net/ and then use Tools > Check Database

If it does not work, disable/delete all your addons (if any) then try restoring an old backup of your collection: https://docs.ankiweb.net/#/files?id=backups

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Damien Elmes on 18 May, 2020 06:28 AM

"Notes found in file" indicates you're double-clicking on a file to import, instead of Anki's app icon.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac