How to create 4 notes for an entry and show all notes to me?

Masoud

11 May, 2020 05:10 PM

Hello,

I need to create 4 notes for each entry and then study them. I create four fields for an entry (e.g an English word), but when I start to study, just show me two sides fo the card (Front and back).
I create four notes like below:
1- Word
2- Definition
3- Examples
4- Meaning to the destination language.

...but when I start to study, Anki just shows two first fields (numbers 1 and 2) and doesn't show "Examples" and Meaning to the destination language" fields. Why?
How can I fix this and please describe me in detail and clear to understand it well to avoid repeat my questions?

Best

1. 1 Posted by addons_zz on 11 May, 2020 07:59 PM

2. 2 Posted by Masoud on 14 May, 2020 08:34 AM

I watched those videos, but they didn't help me to reach to my question. But thanks for sharing those useful tutorials.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 14 May, 2020 09:56 AM

In the screen shown in those videos, in recent versions there is an Add Field button down the bottom that you can use.

4. 4 Posted by Masoud on 14 May, 2020 02:46 PM

@Damien, As I said in my question, I added four fields with those names I counted, but in the study time, Anki just shows two first sides (front and back or 1 and 2 numbers). I need a good tutorial to describe it crystal clear. I searched Youtube and found many great tuts, but didn't find anything that covers my question and how to have and create more than two sides for an entry that is regular for flashcards. I know always flashcards have two sides (front and back), but in my case, I need four sides for any English Language words that I'm going to learn them. I guess it can be created by .html coding that I don't know and I hate coding!

5. 5 Posted by addons_zz on 14 May, 2020 07:02 PM

When do you expect Anki to Show the Field 3 and 4 if not when it also shows the field 2 (back)?

You mean something like this: Image Occlusion

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Damien Elmes on 14 May, 2020 11:56 PM

It sounds like you're trying to incrementally reveal the material. It's more natural in Anki to have multiple card templates that test each pair of items, as that way you can pass/fail each combo separately. The closest Anki has to incremental revealing is "hint fields" - please search for "hint" in the manual to learn more.

7. 7 Posted by Masoud on 15 May, 2020 07:38 AM

@Damien, I checked out "hint fields" topic, as I understand it closes to my question, but it's not what I expect from Anki.

I guess the video link addons_zz mentioned above Anki 2: Switching Card Order. is about using "hit fields". Anyway, Let me describe what I want exactly. I'm going to learn 30 ~ 50 English words, phrases, idioms, etc in a week.
    I need 4 notes (4 sides or 4 screens or whatever you named) for each entry (word or phrase). At first, I want Anki to show a word to me. The process is like this:

[ Step 1] When I start to learn new words; Anki shows the word or phrase.
    "Novel" (adj).

[Step 2] Then I click for the second step that called "Definition" and Anki shows:
    "new and original, not like anything seen before"

[ Step 3] After that, I'd like to click and Anki shows the related examples of the "Novel" word in this example. So Anki shows them:

"Keeping a sheep in the garden is a novel way of keeping the grass short!" "Coronavirus is a novel virus that escaped from a secret lab in Wuhan!"

[Step 4] And finally, I expect Anki shows the last notes after I click and shows the translation of "Novel" word in my mother language (Persian): جدید، نو، نوظهور، بدیع and Finished!

It's important to me Anik doesn't show each step automatically and wait until I click to goes the next step.

Best

8. 8 Posted by Masoud on 15 May, 2020 07:47 AM

@addons_zz, My notes aren't images. just text with formatting (bold, italic, color, and so on). please read what I wrote for @Damien Elmes.

Thank you!

9. 9 Posted by addons_zz on 15 May, 2020 04:20 PM

My notes aren't images. just text with formatting (bold, italic, color, and so on).

You can place/put anything you want to inside it. It does not have to be images.

10. 10 Posted by Vit on 15 May, 2020 09:18 PM

To evaluate a workflow, reading it's description is not enough .
    "Doing" it is required.
    Hints is the perfect tool for what u need.
    I use a similar Note type; My Note Type has also fields "Tip" and "Mnemonics".

PS. Add-on "Hint hotkey" is very helpful.

11. Masoud closed this discussion on 01 Jun, 2020 06:47 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac