Error downgrading from Anki 2,1,25 to 2.1.22

Francesco

06 May, 2020 09:13 AM

I've recently upgraded Anki on my computer from version 2.1.14 to 2.1.25. I only realised afterwards I actually needed version 2.1.22 to make pretty much all the add.ons I use work. When I try to install the older version, my computer always reports an error due to the impossibility of reading backup files. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, but nothing seems to work. It tells me that automatic backups and syncing have been disabled, but restarting Anki led me again to the initial error window. I don't know what to do.

1. 1 Posted by addons_zz on 06 May, 2020 07:55 PM

Please, install back Anki version 2.1.25 and:

After using the latest version, if you wish to open your collection with an earlier Anki release, please go to the File>Switch Profile menu item, and click on “Downgrade & Quit”. If you skip this step, you may get an error message when opening your collection in an older Anki version, and you will need to return to this version, downgrade, then try again.

See:

1. File>Switch Profile menu item, and click on “Downgrade & Quit”
    2. Anki deleted my deck… Any chance to restore?
    3. Restoring an Automatic Backup (Recovering from Data Loss)

If this does not work, then it seems a problem with the addons itself breaking with your version of anki, then, open a bug report on the addons repository: https://github.com/kaegi/MorphMan/issues

2. 2 Posted by Francesco on 06 May, 2020 09:12 PM

Hey, it’s me again and guess what, add ons blocked the entire downgrading process. I uninstalled them and Anki 2.1.22 started working again. Now I can finally start studying Japanese again, you really made my day. Thanks a lot man!

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac