Pasting selected formatting

ctarsney

17 Feb, 2020 08:05 AM

I just updated to 2.1.20 (from ~2.1.13), and am finding that Anki now pastes quite a bit more formatting than it did before. (Looking at the "Changes" page, it seems like this happened with 2.1.16.) For my own taste, some of this is excessive -- in particular, I often copy-paste material from Wikipedia for the back sides of my cards, and while it's nice to preserve boldface/italics/underline/superscript/subscript, I don't want to keep things like the font size of headers and the color of hyperlinked text (as now seems to happen). I know that I can just use Ctrl + Shift + v to strip all the formatting, and it's not the end of the world if I now need to do that and add the formatting I want by hand. But I'm wondering if there's any way to paste formatting more selectively that I'm not aware of (or if that option might be added in a later release). Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 17 Feb, 2020 10:54 PM

I'm afraid it's not currently possible to customize what is and isn't included, but this may come in the future.

2. 2 Posted by ctarsney on 18 Feb, 2020 08:32 AM

Okay, thanks for the quick reply! I'll just say, then, that I would find this feature pretty useful, and suspect there are others who would as well.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac