Chinese => 3 sided flash cards?

Quentin

24 Jan, 2020 05:40 PM

Hello dear fellows,

I learn for two years now Chinese and found that there is no flash card program and no card set that satisfies one basic problem of learning chinese: you are not only learning the foreign vocab and their counterparts in your mother tongue. You also have to learn the abilitiy to "read" the chinese charakters. That means you need basically 3 sided flashcards: mother tongue, chinese charakter, pinyin (thats how the romanisation is called).

So how can I add a flash card type that gives me only one of those 3 on the front and the 2 others on the backside ?
And it should generate the variants (A/B+C, B/A+C, C/A+B) automatically from one created card in 3 seperated decks.
I tried the way from the Anki Manual but I think my html "skills" are too limited to do that.

Thanks in advance
cheers

1. 1 Posted by davyzhu on 25 Jan, 2020 03:01 AM

use cloze:
    eg:
    {{c1::苹果::Chinese}} {{c2::apple::English}} {{c3::Ping Guo::Ping Yin}}

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Damien Elmes on 25 Jan, 2020 11:34 PM

If you have not already done so, please see https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#notes-&-fields

3. 3 Posted by davyzhu on 26 Jan, 2020 07:46 AM

As Damien suggested, we need to create a 3 fields note.
    1. Choose "Tools"->"Manage Note Types"->"Add"->"Add: Basic(and reversed card)"
    We choose to base 3 fields note on Basic(and reversed card) because it's the closest card type (A->B, B->A). We can set the Note name "3 fields"
    2. Choose "3 fields" on Note Types, click "Fields", rename Front to "Field1", rename Back to "Field2", add a new field "Field3".
    3. Choose "3 fields" on Note Types, click "Cards", we need to create 3 Cards, e.g.
    First card:
    Front template

{{Field1}}

Back template

{{FrontSide}}
    <hr id=answer>
    {{Field2}}
    <br>
    {{Field3}}

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac