immediate exception error

beulibeu

22 Jan, 2020 08:33 PM

Hello,

when closing Anki (2.1.19) - after sync - I get an error message (as I'm German I try to translate):
"An immediate exception error has occured. The exception handlers are not called up and the process is ended immediately".
I deinstalled Anki and installed it again. Same error message.
I have Windows 10 64-bit.

Can anybody help me?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 23 Jan, 2020 09:29 AM

Please try the latest .20 beta and let m know if the problem still occurs: https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/beta-testing/1708-anki-2120-...

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Damien Elmes on 23 Jan, 2020 09:29 AM

Also, do you have an mpv.exe file in your Anki program folder?

3. 3 Posted by beulibeu on 23 Jan, 2020 08:52 PM

Hi Damien,

thank you for your mail!

There is no mpv.exe in the Anki-folder, neither in V. 2.1.19 nor in V. 2.1.20 beta (I installed anki-2.1.20beta4-98041059-windows.exe).

When I start 2.1.20 I get the following message (I translate the german text at the beginning):
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error
    An error has occurred. Please restart Anki and keep the shift key pressed during the startup process to allow Anki to temporarily disable the installed extensions.
    If the problem occurs only when the extensions are enabled, please use the menu entry Extras>Extensions to find out the problematic extension by selectively disabling it.
    If you have found the appropriate extension, please contact the add-on section of our support website with a corresponding problem report so that the error can be corrected.
    debugging information:
    Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
    Anki 2.1.20 (98041059) Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.0 PyQt 5.13.2
    Platform: Windows 10
    Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=1

Caught exception:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "aqt\progress.py", line 73, in handler
      File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1496166067\__init__.py", line 12, in delayedLoader
        night_mode.load()
      File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1496166067\night_mode.py", line 152, in load
        self.config.load()
      File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1496166067\config.py", line 32, in load
        setting.on_load()
      File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1496166067\actions_and_settings.py", line 318, in on_load
        self.app.on()
      File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1496166067\night_mode.py", line 168, in on
        self.styles.replace()
      File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1496166067\night_mode.py", line 94, in replace
        styler.replace_attributes()
      File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1496166067\stylers.py", line 61, in replace_attributes
        self.get_or_create_original(key)
      File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1496166067\stylers.py", line 47, in get_or_create_original
        original = getattr(self.target, key)
    AttributeError: module 'aqt.browser' has no attribute 'COLOUR_MARKED'
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When closing Anki I still get the error message of my help request again (see attachement).

As it says in the above mentioned error message I started pressing the shift key.
    The above mentioned error message did not come, but when closing I got the error message of my help request again.

I have one extension: "Night Mode". I tried to update it, but obviously it is the newest version.
    Nevertheless I deleted the extension.
    Effect: The above mentioned error message when starting Anki didn't appear, but at the end I got the usual error message.

There is one difference between 2.1.19 and 2.1.20 beta: 2.1.19 started VERY slowly and when doing the sync it seemed to cause troubles with my internet connection in general (my browser didn't get data). I had to stop Anki using the Taskmanager (stop process). These problems do not appear with 2.1.20.

Best regards,
    Hans

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Damien Elmes on 24 Jan, 2020 08:47 AM

Thanks for trying. Do you use an antivirus? If so, does disabling it help? Does changing the hardware acceleration in Anki's options help?

5. 5 Posted by beulibeu on 26 Jan, 2020 08:02 PM

I tried both suggestions: no success.

I tried V 2.1.16.
    This version is running without any problems.
  6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Damien Elmes on 27 Jan, 2020 07:30 AM

Thanks for letting me know, and glad to hear you have a working version for now.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac