Duplicates no longer allowed

FrancesM

06 Dec, 2019 08:29 AM

Hi,

I've recently updated to a newer version of Anki and have found that I can no longer keep duplicate cards. The reason this is an issue is that I use Anki to study vocabulary for both Chinese and Japanese, so I often intend to have duplicate cards (the front of the card features the same characters but the back features different answers). Despite me keeping the two languages in separate decks, Anki no longer lets me save duplicates, instead prompting me to edit the previously saved card. To combat this I have started to add a full stop to the front of the new cards so it doesn't register as a duplicate. However I would much prefer to be able to keep duplicates.

If possible I would love for this to be supported again in a future version.

Thanks for reading
Frances

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 06 Dec, 2019 09:55 PM

Anki does not prevent duplicates - perhaps you've installed an add-on, or are using a different program.

2. 2 Posted by FrancesM on 09 Dec, 2019 08:37 AM

I don't believe I am. The app comes up as Anki Universal. What happens is when I go to save a new card which is a duplicate I get asked whether I'd like to edit the pre-existing card and lose current inputs. If I choose yes it brings me to the previously saved card, if I choose no it returns to the new card input screen. If I then try to save the new card again I just keep getting asked if I'd like to edit the previously saved card. I haven't been able to save any new duplicates because of this.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 09 Dec, 2019 09:28 AM

4. 4 Posted by FrancesM on 10 Dec, 2019 04:01 AM

Oh wow, sorry!

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac