Anki couldn't show up after poping error message

俞钦川

05 Dec, 2019 08:40 AM

Anki used to work well on my device(Lenevo X1c Win10) for the past days, but today, as soon as I click the icon, an error message show up, reading "please notify support of this error: XXXXXXXX UnicoDedecodeError:'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xd3 in position 0:invalid continuation byte. Detalied messages are as attachment file shows. I can't recall anything that has caused such a problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling Anki could't help. Either could't deleting Anki files in folder ~/Appdata. How should I solve this problem.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 06 Dec, 2019 01:37 AM

The libraries Anki is built on do not expect your proxy host name to contain Chinese characters. You may need to adjust the proxy settings, or the name of the local machine.

2. 2 Posted by 俞钦川 on 06 Dec, 2019 01:44 AM

Thanks for your sincere reply, yet I still have some questions.
    Before the breakup this time, Anki worked well with my machine, where I used the same proxy settings and local machine name. In addition, I downloaded previous version of Anki(Version 2.0.52) and it run smoothly. What’s sad is it will stop sync support next Jenuary.

发送自 Windows 10 版邮件应用

发件人: Damien Elmes
    发送时间: 2019年12月6日 9:37
    收件人: [email blocked]
    主题: Re: Anki couldn't show up after poping error message [Anki (ComputerVersion) #37345]

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 06 Dec, 2019 02:01 AM

The older toolkit that Anki 2.0 was built with has been discontinued, so Anki 2.1 needed to move to a newer toolkit.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• ankibreak.png 28.1 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac