How to have reviewed cards appears the next day when TONS of forgeted cards?

Aarson

07 Nov, 2019 04:45 AM

Hello,

I'm learning how to write chinese characters, but I haven't used anki for a while, and now I have 1000 cards that need to be reviewied. I'm doing it bit a bit, by setting reviewing cards max 40 per days.
The thing is I truly forgot most of the cards, thus choosing "again". After the card is "relearned" i have to choose, "Good" so the card reappear the following day.

Now I have noticed that theses cards do NOT appears the following day. It may be because I have a tons of forgot cards so the software is proritizing them over the card that I reviewed the last day?
But I would like to have it appears the following day. Otherwise I would forgot it again until next time it appears (and it may be a long time since i have 1000 cards) and create a cycle.

How could I manage to do that?

Thank you !

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 07 Nov, 2019 09:47 PM

You can use the filtered deck option to review cards in a different order than the default due order.

2. 2 Posted by aarson on 08 Nov, 2019 05:16 AM

Thank you for your answer !

I tried several orders and found that "Increasing interval" seems to be the one I need to choose in order to achive my goal? May you confirm that please? Or oldest seen first?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 08 Nov, 2019 09:52 PM

Increasing interval should accomplish what you want.

4. 4 Posted by aARSON on 09 Nov, 2019 04:29 AM

Thank you but I just figured that choosing this option also add NEW cards whcih I never reviewed. How to prevent this to happen?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Damien Elmes on 09 Nov, 2019 10:06 PM

You can add ' -is:new' to the end of the search. For the full list of search options, please see https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#searching

6. 6 Posted by Aarson on 10 Nov, 2019 03:42 AM

What I mean is I don't want new cards to appears, only the one I should be reviewing

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Damien Elmes on 10 Nov, 2019 11:20 PM

Yes, that is how you would prevent new cards from being included.

8. 8 Posted by aarson on 12 Nov, 2019 10:25 AM

Oh yes exactly. Thank you so much for helping me !

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac