Deck name ending with :, and subdecks

arthur

05 Nov, 2019 04:14 PM

Here is kind of a bug.
Create decks named
"foo:" and "bar".
In the deck browser, move "bar" to make it a subdeck of "foo:".
It'll create a new deck called "foo" with subdeck ":bar"

I believe it's not expected. However, appart from forbidding that ":" ends deck name, there is no easy way to fix it without changing entirely the subdeck way to names thing.

This was actually related to a recent bug on ankidroid, where a user add ":::" in a deck name (which is perfectly valid, but that was not expected by the code)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 05 Nov, 2019 11:40 PM

Anki could handle this better, but I'm afraid it's not a high priority at the moment.

2. 2 Posted by arthur on 08 Nov, 2019 11:28 AM

I totally understand.
    Just to be clear, it leads to the following stranger bugs:

Create two decks "A:" and" :A".
    Try to move ":A" over "A:". :A will be renamed as «recoveredrandomString». And an empty deck "A" will appear
    Now try to move "A" over "A:". You can't. Instead this deck will become a subdeck of itself; in the sens that it's now called ":A" and be a subdeck of "A".
    Now try to move "A" over "A:" again. It'll tell you it's impossible, because that deck already exists, which I find quite funny since A: has no child.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac