Importing Cards from StudyBlue

Beena Haque

01 Nov, 2019 11:51 PM

I am attempting to import cards from study blue. I open study blue, hit export, and it downloads a .csv file which can open in excel.
When I click import in Anki and select separated by comma, it will upload to a deck but it says "Importing complete.
0 notes added, 0 notes updated, 44 notes unchanged." When i change separated by comma to tab, it does the same thing. Please help me import my cards. Email the answer at [email blocked] in addition to here.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 02 Nov, 2019 09:53 PM

Hi Beena,

That message is indicating that the material has already been imported - Anki will not import the same text twice. If you're not sure where it is, you can search for it in the Browse screen, or cmd+click on the browse columns to sort by creation date to locate recently added cards.

2. 2 Posted by Haque, Beena on 02 Nov, 2019 10:08 PM

That was the message I got the very first time unless it’s in some other deck; What would I search to find the study blue cards?

-Beena Haque

On Nov 2, 2019, at 5:53 PM, Damien Elmes <[email blocked]> wrote:

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 02 Nov, 2019 10:20 PM

If you open the file you imported in a text editor, you can see the text of the cards it contains.

4. 4 Posted by Haque, Beena on 02 Nov, 2019 10:22 PM

so i search by the literal text on one of the cards? Is a text editor like excel bc the imported doc opens in excel.

Beena Haque

B.S Microbiology

Michigan State University | Lyman Briggs, 2019

Medical Student (MS1) | College of Human Medicine

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Damien Elmes on 02 Nov, 2019 10:38 PM

Yes, searching for some of the text should reveal cards that use that text, and yes, you can open csv files in Excel.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac