Failed to execute script runanki! fatal error.

ginny Snyder

31 Oct, 2019 09:16 PM

Windows 10, reloaded anki, still get this fatal error "failed to execute scrpit runanki" help please

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 31 Oct, 2019 10:34 PM

2. 2 Posted by Jan on 14 Nov, 2019 07:06 PM

Downloaded standard Windows Version 2.1.15
    I just bought a new computer & have been trying to install Anki. I'm getting the same "failed to execute" error. I tried running using command prompt as suggested. In Program Files (x86) I got the "failed to execute" message. Nothing happened when I changed to x86 folder because that's not where it installed...
    And this...I still had download for version 2.1.12. I figured I'd just install from it so I copied it over to new machine. I got the same error on that install. This is still working on my older computer (up-to-date Windows 10).
    Just tried current alternate. Another fail...

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 14 Nov, 2019 08:38 PM

It just says 'failed to execute' with no other text/information?

4. 4 Posted by thejwstrunk54 on 14 Nov, 2019 10:40 PM

Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:38 PM
    To: [email blocked]
    Subject: Re: Failed to execute script runanki! fatal error. [Anki (Computer Version) #36628]

Sorry I didn’t include… Thanks.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Damien Elmes on 15 Nov, 2019 12:32 AM

On a normal Windows machine, the USERNAME environmental variable should be set to your username. It seems to be missing/blank on your machine. If you post on a Windows help forum, they may be able to give you a suggestion on how to resolve the issue.

6. 6 Posted by Jan on 15 Nov, 2019 12:43 PM

Thanks for your help, Damien.
    I ran this from Command Prompt this morning to get info for use in Windows help forum. I have no idea why, but... It installed.
    I don't know if this would make any difference. I think I had installed all available Windows updates prior to the last time I tried the install yesterday, I may be mistaken.
    Great program!

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Damien Elmes on 15 Nov, 2019 08:53 PM

Glad to hear you're up and running now :-)

8. 8 Posted by thaiscristalbre... on 04 Dec, 2019 03:04 AM

Hi - I've tried installing the most up to date version, the older beta versions as linked here. Have also tried running the cmd prompt and still get the same 'failed to execute' error message.

Not sure what else I can try. I've attached the cmd prompt screenshot

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Damien Elmes on 05 Dec, 2019 05:22 AM

Please ensure all Windows updates are installed, restart your computer, and then try again.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac