Scheduling Error

Chocochipbananabread

29 Oct, 2019 12:48 AM

So similarly to many other people, I have recently experienced a scheduling error with Anki where cards that I have previously studied and should be graduated are returning to my queue as new cards and restarting the learning process - taking my review count from ~230 cards/day to 500+ cards/day. Obviously this is a rather large issue that I would love to fix ASAP! I have tried updating to the most recent version of Anki and following the various steps outlined in the troubleshooting document. I've attached an image demonstrating one card where this issue occurred. Any suggestions for fixes?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 29 Oct, 2019 12:59 AM

If you are using the old scheduler, the graduating date is assigned when cards enter learning, not leave it. You will also of course have to set a graduating interval that makes sense relative to your learning steps if you have not already done so.

Experiment scheduling changes in Anki 2.1

2. 2 Posted by Chocochipbanana... on 29 Oct, 2019 01:06 AM

I am using the old scheduler.

Please forgive me, my Anki knowledge is minimal at best, so I want to ensure that I'm understanding properly - when I made adjustments to the learning interval and graduation interval, I did so before the date that I began learning this card (so before 10/20) - so the longer graduation interval should have applied to this card, correct? I'm not really understanding why a card that was started under a new set of learning intervals/graduation intervals is suddenly being reverted back to the beginning of the learning process after having been marked "good".

Just for clarity's sake, I've attached screenshots of my current settings that were put in place 10/19.

Again, sorry for any confusion, I'm a new Anki user with minimal knowledge (at best).

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 29 Oct, 2019 02:19 AM

Add-ons only function on the computer version, so perhaps you originally reviewed that card on AnkiDroid and it received the greyed out interval + max interval instead. I suggest you contact the add-on author and ask them what happens with the greyed out values.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• BrokeAnki.jpg 61.4 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac