cards are empty although text is present

Thomas Willms

25 Oct, 2019 06:33 AM

Hello,
I have a very serious problem with ANIKI. I created a database file with about 830 cards which I need to learn within the next days. I tried to use the cards on Ankidroid first I had about 300 cards of which one side was empty.. I thought the file was damaged but other device - phone - with same desk gave the same result. Fianally I found out that - although off course there is text on the reverse side of the card - I get the same message "card is empty" when I open the desk on the PC and ifI try to learn the cards. I seems that something with the formatation is wrong but I don't know what and I don't know well the foramtion code used. Originally I always used for all cards the same type of card as template.
Using the ANKI menu "EXTRA/ Empty cards": I found out that in my databases of ANKI , anki identifies nearly 4800 cards as empty cards. The text is shown like this e.g.:

Leere Karten: Nr. 2
Felder: 14.4 Prozess Initiieren eines Projektes - Aktivitäten in Reihenfolge / Welche Aktivitäten erfolgen bei dem Prozess "Initiieren eines Projekts"? / 1) <b>Konfigurationsmanagment</b>strategie,&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>Qualitätsmanagement</b>strategie,&nbsp;<b>Risikomanagement</b>strategie erstellen (parallel)<div>4) <b>Kommunikationsmanagment</b>strategie erstellen</div><div>5) Projektsteuerungsmittel einrichten</div><div>6) Projektplan erstellen</div><div>7) Business Case verfeinern</div><div>8) Projektleitdokumentation zusammenstellen</div> / / RQKKPPBP

Felder: 13.4.2.0 Prozess Lenken eines Projektes - Ad Hoc Anweisungen&nbsp; / Wann werden Ad Hoc Anweisungen gegeben?&nbsp; / Ad Hoc Anweisungen sind&nbsp;<div>&nbsp;a. formlose Ratschläge vom LA oder Mitgliedern als Antwort auf Anfragen</div><div>&nbsp;b. Reaktion auf Berichte</div><div>&nbsp;c. Reaktion auf externe Einflüsse - geänderte Unternehmenspriorität</div><div>&nbsp;d. Anliegen und Bedenken einzelner LA Mitglieder</div><div>&nbsp;e. Reaktion auf Umbesetzungen im LA</div> / /

Felder: 06.2.6 Thema Qualität - Qualitätsplanung / Was ist der allgemeine Zweck der Qualitätsplanung? / Schaffen einer Ausgangsbasis für die Einigung des LA über das Qualitätsmanagement, die Kommunikation an die Stakeholder und Qualitätssteuerung.&nbsp; / /

If I want to learn these cards I get

"Die Vorderseite dieser Karte ist leer. Bitte Extras → Leere Karten ausführen."
(= The front side of this card is empty. Please use Extra/Empty cards)

Using this tool does not help because I have no iterest to delete all cards which is the only option.

Thanks

Thommy7571

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 25 Oct, 2019 11:29 PM

2. 2 Posted by Thomas Willms on 26 Oct, 2019 07:55 AM

Hello,
    thanks, meanwhile I found out that all cards where I deleted "y" in the field "Add reverse direction" gave empty cards. l put everywhere "y" again but would prefer to have only one direction. I have two fields on the front side:
     1) subject 2) Question
    on the back side I have always three fields
     1) answer 2) "add reverse" 3) comment.
    Comment is mostly empty - and "add reverse" would be empty also - but in no case there is no filled field present. There is always one field with text present. Nevertheless, Cards are considered empty. What can I do?
    Is it possible to change the type of card for the whole desk?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 26 Oct, 2019 10:38 AM

You can select cards in the Browse screen and use the Change Note Type menu item to change them to a normal Basic card.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac