Anki nuked all entered notes on undo

Ben

25 Oct, 2019 01:03 AM

I just entered a good deal of cards in Add Notes dialogue and while finishing up, I believe I accidentally hit opt+cmd+Z. I saw a "Reverted to state prior to" dialogue and didn't think much of it.

Afterwards, when I checked the browser I could not find any of the notes that I had entered.

I'm under the suspicion that in accidentally hitting the Undo shortcut, I reverted Anki to some state prior to my note entry. By that point I had sunk a decent amount of time into note entry so this was pretty disheartening.

Is this intended behavior? Might it be possible to reduce the "blast radius" when triggering this command while adding notes, especially considering there is no "Redo" command?

1. 1 Posted by Ben on 25 Oct, 2019 02:13 AM

On second look through the card browser, it seems I overestimated how many notes were lost. Rather than the whole session it looks more like one or two notes were dropped. (I didn't find them on my first look through the browser but that was likely just user error.)

Also, I forgot to add that my Anki version is 2.1.14 (7b93e985) and I'm running it on macOS 10.13.6.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Damien Elmes on 25 Oct, 2019 11:25 PM

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the report, I've added this to the todo list to look into.

3. 3 Posted by Ben on 17 Nov, 2019 09:47 PM

Thank you, Damien!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac