Card styling ignored in Mac app

Nebes

18 Oct, 2019 09:40 PM

All cards in all decks display with a black background and white font in my Mac app, regardless of the CSS for any card. Nothing that I change in card styling is reflected. I have verified that the iOS app accurately reflects the CSS, including changes made both on my Mac and through the iOS app. I'm not sure what else to try. I have no add-ons, I have tried deleting the app and all support files and reinstalling, to no avail. It's not a new issue, but I honestly thought this entire time that it was tied to the system night mode, and discovered that it wasn't last night, when I was trying to adjust the cloze color to be more readable with night shift.
For an example, I attached two images that show how the same card is rendered on Mac and iOS with the following CSS:

.card {
 font-family: arial;
 font-size: 20px;
 text-align: center;
 color: black;
 background-color: slategray; 
}
Also a strange bug happened when I was testing last night. After opening and syncing my iOS app for the first time after giving up on the Mac, which required downloading from AnkiWeb, I discovered that all of my "Basic" type cards had reversed the front and back so that it was:
Front Template
{{Back}}
Back Template
{{Back}}
<hr id=answer>
{{Front}}
I studied the deck earlier in the day on the Mac and it was in the correct front to back format. I only edited the style field and didn't touch the templates at all, but maybe something else I did triggered it?
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 18 Oct, 2019 10:28 PM

It looks like you have night mode enabled in the preferences screen.

2. 2 Posted by Nebes on 18 Oct, 2019 11:11 PM

Well that's embarrassing. Even after reading your comment, I opened the preferences three different times before seeing it.

Any clue about the template reversal? Is there a mechanism to do that I could've triggered?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 19 Oct, 2019 11:21 PM

The note type used by your UAS deck appears to be front→back only. Is it possible you were looking at cards in your 'all the..' deck? The cards in that deck appear to be using the Basic (and reversed) card type, which shows cards in both directions.

4. 4 Posted by Nebes on 23 Oct, 2019 02:52 AM

No, it was the same UAS deck as pictured. I went in and edited the Basic card template to the correct front → back before the screenshot was taken.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Damien Elmes on 23 Oct, 2019 11:22 PM

Perhaps you accidentally bumped the flip button at the bottom in the past? Am I understanding you correctly that the issue is now resolved in any case?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2019-10-18_at_16.02.52.png 411 KB
  • IMG_1504.png 143 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac