Preview new cards and marking them as reviewed afterward

chemgeostats

18 Oct, 2019 08:57 AM

My learning strategy for learning French is to spend every other days to review the newly added card the day before (using the Preview New Card study option), and the rest of the week to review the deck as usual.

I'd thought that the cards I studied via "Preview New Card" would automatically became reviewed cards (meaning they would start to get the yellow button for "Hard" the next time I encounter them). However, I kept getting these cards as if I had never reviewed them before. Today I checked the manual, and it seems to confirm my suspicion for the Preview New Card feature: "Show cards that you have recently added, without converting them to review cards as they are answered"

Is there anyway I can make Preview New Card mark the cards studied under it as reviewed? Or is there another way to study newly-added cards (within a certain day) that also marks these cards as reviewed? Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by chemgeostats on 18 Oct, 2019 06:05 PM

Ok when I checked out the deck option for the custom deck created by "Preview new card", the "Rescheduling" option is not turned on. The manual (https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#rescheduling) says " If you disable the reschedule cards based on my answers option, Anki will return the cards in the same state they were in when they were moved into the filtered deck." So does that mean if I have the rescheduling option turned on, the cards that I reviewed in the custom deck will be considered reviewed once it returned to the regular deck i.e. when I encounter it a second time, it would show the yellow "Hard" button ? I'm rather confused on this.

2. 2 Posted by Vit on 18 Oct, 2019 06:58 PM

I thought i was in Reddit.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 18 Oct, 2019 10:27 PM

Enabling rescheduling should accomplish what you want, but if I've understood what you're trying to do correctly, an easier approach would be to review the cards in a regular deck with the new card limit set to 0, and once a week use custom study to extend the new card limit to introduce new cards.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac