Missing bit of mp3 when played in a flashcard

emvadraen

16 Oct, 2019 06:37 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm learning French and I've started using Forvo to download audios of natives to create custom flashcards of French words.

My problem is that when I put the mp3 in my flashcard and then I review it, the first second of the audio is absent. It's like the mp3 was cut, so I just hear the second part of the word.

I shall add that when played through a normal media player, the audios are all longer. Meaning the bit that Anki ignores is actually present and the words are pronounced fully. So this makes me think that something is off with Anki.

What causes this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks to anybody kind enough to help.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 16 Oct, 2019 11:07 AM

You could try changing your media player from mplayer to mpv or vice versa, by uninstalling one and installing the other.

2. 2 Posted by emvadraen on 17 Oct, 2019 08:39 AM

I'm sorry how would that solve the issue that Anki is having? How would using a different media player solve the issue I'm having with Anki? As I said, the media player actually reproduces the MP3 correctly. Does Anki use the system media player to reproduce the mp3s...?

Sorry if I didn't get what you were suggesting, if you could elaborate a bit more I would definitely appreciate it.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 18 Oct, 2019 06:29 AM

Anki uses either mplayer or mpv to play the audio on your cards.

4. 4 Posted by emvadraen on 18 Oct, 2019 07:45 AM

I'll give it a try. Thank you!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac