How to restore suspended cards and turn off leeches

Mak797

15 Oct, 2019 11:20 PM

Hi all,

In 2017 there used to be a simple list under "browse" of suspended cards, and of "leeches". These no longer exist in Anki for some reason. However, my cards are still getting marked as "leeches" if I get them wrong too often.

I looked around other forums and tried some dated advice and ended up clicking: "Browse" >> "Toggle suspend" now I am not sure what this did, so I went back and clicked it a second time. Anyone know what this does??

Second question, when I search for "leeches" by going to "Browse" >> "Filter" and type in "leech" nothing comes up, even though my deck just leeched several of my cards. Where can I actually see the "leeched cards??

Finally and most importantly, where can I see my "suspended" cards?? As not all leeched cards get suspended (I have my leech settings as "tag only").

Thank you guys very much in advance for helping out a fellow struggling anki user!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 16 Oct, 2019 12:57 AM

Hi Mak,

Leeches are given the "leech" tag, so you can click on leech in the list of tags to reveal leeches. You can use the "remove tags" menu item to remove the leech tag, and the "toggle suspend" option to place the cards back in the review process - the color will change from yellow back to white when cards are unsuspended. The Filter>Card State>Suspended option will show suspended cards, regardless of if they are leeches or not.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac