Custom study doesn't show different card types

mszpak

13 Oct, 2019 10:24 PM

Playing with "Custom study" to achieve tag and card type limiting in the anki-ultimate-geography deck (which contains 4 types of card) I've encountered a situation where having a limit to 15 cards I can see only 5. The number of remaining cards in a given session is always decreased by 3 or 4 (which I suspect is related to number of card types for a given fact). I described the exact case in a corresponding issue: https://github.com/axelboc/anki-ultimate-geography/issues/154

Do you know what could be a reason? I use Anki 2.1.15 on Linux.

This discussion was closed! See this FAQ for more information:

1. I created reversed cards, but they're not showing up!

Buried siblings

In order to prevent it from being too easy for you to answer cards that are based off the same note, Anki automatically buries cards of the same note that are due on the current day when you answer the first card. When you have just created a new deck with reverse cards, this may cause it to appear that there are no reversed cards in your deck at all (since the forward ones will co...

See more..
  1. 1 Posted by mszpak on 13 Oct, 2019 10:32 PM

Writing a question very often helps to sort it out or at least to get some idea. It may be related to "Buried siblings", however I disabled it for the original deck. Is it inherited by the "Custom study session"? It seems that no, as I need to hit the unburry button at the end.
    In addition it can be misleading to see just "missing card". Maybe some other not related card could be used instead to match the requested number of cards?

2. mszpak closed this discussion on 13 Oct, 2019 10:37 PM.

3. mszpak re-opened this discussion on 13 Oct, 2019 10:38 PM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Damien Elmes on 13 Oct, 2019 10:41 PM

Please see https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#siblings-and-burying

There are separate options for burying new cards and reviews.

5. mszpak closed this discussion on 14 Oct, 2019 05:22 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac