It is possible to browse the Flashcards I made and start from where I stopped?

Me

08 Oct, 2019 08:28 PM

Hello,
I used another thing that I been regular to it, but sadly, I can't use it anymore so I have to use Anki.

So here is my questions:
1. Is it possible to add arrows "<" / ">" and move forward / backward between the Cards?
2. is it possible to with Anki to make "pages"/"groups" and each page has X [Number] of words? I used to make pages when each page has 8-10 words, that ease my studying.
3. Is it possible to make Anki not randomize the words? I want the words to show in same order everytime.
4. Anki work on reptitive memory, is it possible that if I answered the question let's say "Easy" and then it moved to next Word.
to "undo" / back to previous, previouses cards and change the answer?

If you don't understand what I'm talking about here is a screenshot I took from the other thing I used but now I cant use it anymore.
https://ibb.co/MBznwdD

As you can see, there is white "arrows" in the blue-light background so you can move between the "pages"
each page has 7 words, and I'm at 14/27 [27 total pages].

When I click the word it show me the answer. the red/yellow/green faces work like "Hard / Medium / Easy"
the grey pencile is to Edit.

Any of it is possible to do in Anki?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 09 Oct, 2019 03:26 AM

You can move forward and back through cards using the Preview button in the Browse screen. But Anki is really designed to show you cards when you are about to forget them - if that is not important to you, you may find a different flashcard program better suits your needs.

2. 2 Posted by Me on 09 Oct, 2019 09:35 AM

@Damien Elmes, I'm appreciate your quick respond.

Yeah I understand how Anki work, great program!
    Still tried to figure out if there is possibility, Maybe addon, I'm new to Anki ;)

The site I used [unfortunately shutted down] had two stages.
    1. Memorizing/ Memorizing off-algorithem, you can do whatever you want.
    2. when you feel comfort in yourself, you go to the reptitive stage and check yourself.

So what I did was studying 3-4 pages (* 8 words) per day around 24-32 words, to me memorizing more words was inefficient.
    On each page I started from top and did "manual" memorizing. Each time I did mistake to discribe the meaning of the word to myself
    I started from the top again. Till all the page is completed. (you know like Fizzbuzz game when you do mistake you do all over again).

Than I added those pages to previous pages I learnt, it made "repository" of words I had around 900 words.
    On this stockpile, It works the same way as Anki do, spaced reptition, words appearence randomizition appearance, etc.
    I could exam myself on all the 900 words or less, depends, because 27 pages like in the screenshot is representing "Unit" broke to pages as explained, so basically I could choose how many Units I want by their definition, tho I always left it to show all in the spaced memory stage.

To me it was more powerful way to learning.
    I will try the Preview via Browser as way to learning "off"

Edit:
    The Preview work pretty fine, but I have over 200 Flashcards I made in Anki.
    is it possible somehow to take the 200 Flashcards(Words) and make them into little decks of Xnumber of words each?

Like let's say I made 234 cards I want to divide to 8 each Deck.
    which is 30 decks, 29 with 8 flashcards and 1 with 1 flashcard [the leftover].

I tried to do it manually and its just take too long + it says I have duplicated flashcards.

P.S
    Sorry for the long message ;)

3. 3 Posted by Me on 09 Oct, 2019 07:59 PM

Working pretty fine on Computer version Anki except that I can't divide the whole Deck with 379 flashcards[words] to pages.
    And also you can't listen to Audio before it show the answer, kinda annoying.

Also the Preview is showing me the Side-A and Side-B [the flipped] that make it the Preview impossible to memorizing.

Same thing on Phone app and Web ;[

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Damien Elmes on 09 Oct, 2019 11:46 PM

I do not recommend dividing decks up into small groups: https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#using-decks-appropriately

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screenshot_2019-09-02-18-34-28.png 75.4 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac