Paste while preserving formatting on Anki 2.1

Florian

08 Oct, 2019 08:07 AM

Hi,
I am still stuck with Anki 2.0 because there is one feature I cannot find in Anki 2.1: Paste while preserving formatting. I created most of my cards by copy & pasting parts of Wikipedia entries. They look nice and I want new cards to look like them. I know about ctrl+shift+v, which preserves links but not the actual formatting.

Is it still possible in Anki 2.1? If not, is there at least some kind of "hacky" way of being able to create cards with the formatting preserved - just in case if, e.g., syncing stops working at some point in time (because Anki 2.0 is discontinued).

Thanks and greetings,

Florian

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by alexgiorev on 24 Jan, 2020 12:51 PM

I have a similar issue. I need to preserve formatting when pasting code. A workaround for me was simply using the HTML editor and surrounding the code with <pre> </pre>.

2. 32 Posted by chun pin on 25 Jan, 2020 08:56 AM

me too, I"m using Anki 2.1 , and I need to preserve formatting when pasting code as well. for me there's no way back to Anki 2.0 because of the IOS version. Please make this work again. please.

3. 33 Posted by chun pin on 25 Jan, 2020 09:05 AM

I just found another temporary solution for this issue, which is using the ANKI WEB to add the new content. but need to be careful while adding the new content, make sure you are in the correct "Deck", most of the time you will have to manually to adjust the Deck name yourself.

Anki Web Url:
    https://ankiweb.net/

4. Support Staff 34 Posted by Damien Elmes on 26 Jan, 2020 09:16 AM

Have you tried a different editor? When I paste with PyCharm, the formatting comes through.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac