Cannot change image field in latest MacOS

WGroleau

01 Oct, 2019 02:38 PM

I had some media in a subdirectory. Moved it to the main directory.

Exported the deck to a text file and edited out all the subdirectory paths.

Imported the text file: "0 notes updated" Clicked 'Edit' and saw that image field still had the subdirectory. Changed it there in the HTML and closed the edit window. opened again—unchanged.

Used chown -R to ensure that my account owns the entire ~/Library/Application\ Support/Anki2 but it persists. In the file select, MacOS allows me to view the beginning of the file before selecting it. Verified there that I am importing the edited file.

Problem persists after optimizing database. And, it said the AnkiWeb deck was incompatible, so I UPloaded to Ankiweb. When I exited from Anki after doing nothing except the Import, it said incompatible again.

1. 1 Posted by WGroleau on 01 Oct, 2019 02:57 PM

Well, I do not understand this at all. The import said nothing changed. Looking at the card edit fields confirmed it.

But after uploading the deck TO Ankiweb the SECOND time and re-launching Anki (also the second time), the changes appeared!

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Damien Elmes on 01 Oct, 2019 10:47 PM

If you find it happens again and you can tell me a set of steps to reproduce the problem, please let me know.

3. 3 Posted by WGroleau on 01 Oct, 2019 11:37 PM

That sounds like quite a challenge, but maybe it will happen. :-)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac