Anki freezes when I try to export

Gregorio Billikopf

18 May, 2019 03:20 PM

Sorry, I have looked at the manual but I am not sure what I can do to restart the program so that all words are new all over. My guess is to export the program and then import. But perhaps there is a better way.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 13 Jun, 2019 01:22 PM

And when I find where the missing cards are, how can I add them to where they belong?

Thanks

Gregorio

Gregorio Billikopf Encina
    +56 9 9455 9913

2. 32 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 13 Jun, 2019 03:41 PM

Hi Damien,
    I found the place where my missing cards had gone to. I created an export file for those cards and then I tried to import them. But here is the error I got:

Notes found in file: 43

Notes skipped, as they're already in your collection: 43

Thanks, 
    Gregorio

El jueves, 13 de junio de 2019 03:10:49 GMT-4, Damien Elmes <[email blocked]> escribió:

|

3. 33 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 13 Jun, 2019 03:58 PM

I even tried to create a new profile and import cards from both data sets into it. I did not do that correctly because it shows both data sets instead. I then tried to delete the new profile and got this error:
    Error An error occurred. Please use Tools > Check Database to see if that fixes the problem. If problems persist, please report the problem on our support site. Please copy and paste the information below into your report.Anki 2.1.11 (3cf770c7) Python 3.6.7 Qt 5.12.1 PyQt 5.11.3Platform: Windows 10Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=?
    Caught exception:  File "aqt\main.py", line 211, in onRemProfile  File "aqt\profiles.py", line 196, in remove  File "lib\site-packages\send2trash\plat_win.py", line 86, in send2trash<class 'OSError'>: [WinError 124] None: 'C:\\Users\\bieli\\AppData\\Roaming\\Anki2\\Gregorio'

El jueves, 13 de junio de 2019 03:10:49 GMT-4, Damien Elmes <[email blocked]> escribió:

|

4. Support Staff 34 Posted by Damien Elmes on 13 Jun, 2019 11:17 PM

Hi Gregorio,

The import message is telling you the cards already exist in the collection, so they are not imported again. If you wish to move them to a different deck, you can select them in the Browse screen, then use the Cards>Change Deck option.

5. 35 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 14 Jun, 2019 01:18 AM

Fantastic! Thanks, Damien. I have been recommending Anki among three language groups I belong to. Also, I am loving Anki in my iPhone and iPad.

Many thanks!

Gregorio,

6. 36 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 14 Jun, 2019 01:53 AM

Fantastic! Thanks, Damien. I have been recommending Anki among three language groups I belong to. Also, I am loving Anki in my iPhone and iPad, also. 

Many thanks! 

El jueves, 13 de junio de 2019 19:17:52 GMT-4, Damien Elmes <[email blocked]> escribió:

|

7. Support Staff 37 Posted by Damien Elmes on 15 Jun, 2019 10:59 PM

You're welcome, and thank you for spreading the word!

8. 38 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 16 Jun, 2019 09:08 PM

Hi Damien,
    How do I copy a set of cards? What I want to do is to keep one side of the files the same but the other side I want to write in Spanish rather than English, but I do not want to corrupt my present Hebrew-English files while I make Hebrew-Spanish files. 
    Thanks, 
    Gregorio

El sábado, 15 de junio de 2019 18:59:47 GMT-4, Damien Elmes <[email blocked]> escribió:

|

9. Support Staff 39 Posted by Damien Elmes on 17 Jun, 2019 05:06 AM

You can export the cards to a text file, then import them back in, selecting a different note type in the import screen so that the duplicates can be imported.

10. 40 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 18 Jun, 2019 12:41 AM

Hi Damien,

The Hebrew is corrupted when I exported it as a text file and then imported it back in. Other options?
    Thanks,

Gregorio

On Monday, June 17, 2019, 1:06:41 AM GMT-4, Damien Elmes <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

11. Support Staff 41 Posted by Damien Elmes on 18 Jun, 2019 07:09 AM

Anki should be able to import material it has exported fine. Perhaps the note type you selected in import is not set up with the correct font? You can clone the existing one in the manage note types screen.

12. 42 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 18 Jun, 2019 02:12 PM

Damien, in one of my iPads I was able to find the place where I can refine what touching different parts of the screen will do. I am trying to do that in my other iPad but I don't remember where I will find that option (for example, touch the left side bottom to repeat the audio, or the top right to advance to the next card, etc.)
    Damien, I will try and see if I can figure out the instructions below on exporting, meanwhile. 

Thanks!

El martes, 18 de junio de 2019 03:09:39 GMT-4, Damien Elmes <[email blocked]> escribió:

|

13. Support Staff 43 Posted by Damien Elmes on 19 Jun, 2019 08:51 AM

You can customize taps from the Decks List>Preferences>Review>Taps screen

14. 44 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 19 Jun, 2019 07:02 PM

Excellent! Thanks

Gregorio

+56 9 9455 9913

15. 45 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 05 Sep, 2019 05:19 PM

Hello Damien this is Gregorio Billikopf and I made a video on how Anki Software revolutionized my learning of Hebrew and I’m trying to figure out how to share that with you. Do you have WhatsApp or how can I share with you a 20 mega file?

Best wishes

Gregorio,

16. Support Staff 46 Posted by Damien Elmes on 05 Sep, 2019 11:03 PM

Hi Gregorio,

If you made the video for public consumption, you could use Youtube to share it with others. I'm glad to hear you've been finding Anki useful!

17. 47 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 06 Sep, 2019 01:02 AM

Getting into the Hebrew Text

|
    |
    |
    | | |

|

|
    |
    | |
    Getting into the Hebrew Text

Here is an excellent way to get into the Hebrew of the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia using ANKI cards, recordin...
     |

|

|

Gregorio

On Thursday, September 5, 2019, 7:03:06 PM GMT-4, Damien Elmes <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

18. 48 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 06 Sep, 2019 01:49 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPdaZrvtrCQ&t=10s
    Gregorio

On Thursday, September 5, 2019, 7:03:06 PM GMT-4, Damien Elmes <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

19. Support Staff 49 Posted by Damien Elmes on 07 Sep, 2019 11:26 AM

Thanks for sharing Gregorio, and congratulations on your progress!

20. 50 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 07 Sep, 2019 03:08 PM

Thank you!

Gregorio

+56 9 9455 9913

21. 51 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 28 Oct, 2019 07:03 PM

Hello Damien,

I hope you are well. I am making great use of your software. As I go I am learning to appreciate why it is built the way it is. And I spend one to two hours everyday and have been doing so for months, now, greatly improving my Biblical Hebrew skills.
    QUESTION: in my iOS devices, I would like to change what I have in the top bar, and even though I did that several months ago, I cannot find how I did that. In this case, I want to remove RECORD and add SET DUE DATE on my TOP BAR. I just spent a couple of hours trying to find how to customize the top bar and cannot find it.

Thanks,

Gregorio

On Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 4:51:14 AM GMT-4, Damien Elmes <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

22. Support Staff 52 Posted by Damien Elmes on 28 Oct, 2019 10:49 PM

Please go to the preferences screen from the deck list, then Review>Top Bar

23. 53 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 28 Oct, 2019 11:22 PM

That is what I am not able to find, the PREFERENCES SCREEN from the deck list, on my iPhone.

Thanks!

Gregorio

On Monday, October 28, 2019, 7:49:55 PM GMT-3, Damien Elmes <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

24. Support Staff 54 Posted by Damien Elmes on 28 Oct, 2019 11:24 PM

The deck list is the screen that AnkiMobile opens to when you start it for the first time. The gear/cog in the top right opens the preferences screen.

25. 55 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 28 Oct, 2019 11:46 PM

Perfect! Thanks!

Gregorio

On Monday, October 28, 2019, 8:24:31 PM GMT-3, Damien Elmes <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

26. 56 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 15 Nov, 2019 03:41 PM

Damien, how can I increase the number of new cards per day from only one deck?

Thanks!

Gregorio,

+56 9 94559913

27. 57 Posted by Gregorio Billik... on 15 Nov, 2019 04:38 PM

Found it! Thanks. Increase today’s card limit.

Gregorio,

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac