cloze

bhakti

17 Dec, 2018 06:06 AM

hello.
I'm having a problem with adding the cloze cards. every time I put in text and add that card, it shows this message "you have a cloze deletion type but you haven't made any cloze deletion" please help me.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 18 Dec, 2018 08:56 AM

You've accidentally modified your cloze note type. Please click Edit, then Cards, and add '{{cloze:Text}}' to the front and back template.

2. 2 Posted by Bhakti Borude on 18 Dec, 2018 12:59 PM

what should I do now?

3. 3 Posted by Bhakti Borude on 18 Dec, 2018 01:25 PM

I got it! i can add those cards now.
    thank you so much for your help!

4. 4 Posted by CMeyers on 17 May, 2020 09:43 PM

What if I changed the template to what you suggested and it is still giving me that error message?

5. 5 Posted by addons_zz on 18 May, 2020 03:36 AM

1. What are the contents of your Front/Back cards? (After opening the Edit window, click on the Cards... button to show the Front and Back templates)
    2. What are the contents of your card fields?
    3. You can try running Tools > Check Database, Tools > Check Media... and Tools > Empty Cards...
  6. 6 Posted by CMeyers on 18 May, 2020 01:32 PM

This is a screenshot of my cards.

7. 7 Posted by addons_zz on 18 May, 2020 05:48 PM

Try installing the latest version: https://apps.ankiweb.net and running Tools > Check Database, Tools > Check Media... and Tools > Empty Cards...

What is the HTML contents of the Text field (you can see the HTML by pressing Ctrl+Shift+X when selecting the Text field)?

8. 8 Posted by CMeyers on 18 May, 2020 06:08 PM

Here is what I have. Also, I had to download the alternate version for a Mac because my computer is older but I have the most up to date version of that.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Damien Elmes on 19 May, 2020 05:30 AM

You have {{cloze:Text}} on the card, but the field is named "text". You either need to change the field to Text, or update the template to use text instead of Text.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac