Allready studied cards reappearing next day in a filtered deck

Manveer

15 Mar, 2013 12:04 AM

Hello.

I prefer to study my materials in a random order as opposed to the standard decreasing intervals anki puts them in. For this I use filtered decks. But there is an odd problem. Today I created a filtered deck of duecards set to random order. I clicked sync and in the original deck appear 100 or so cards, which I had studied yesterday (some were easy, some I had to redo).

I don't even need the filtered decks, I just want my due cards to appear in random order, to keep the ease more level. Having an extremely easy 2 hours followed by a grueling 4 hours of misery is not how I like it. lol.

Thank you, the program is amazing overall.

1. 1 Posted by manveer on 15 Mar, 2013 01:25 AM

I am perfectly allright with having to use a filtered deck to randomize the cards. I just want to avoid another mixup with anki thinking I have not reviewed cards some yesterday when I clearly did.

2. 2 Posted by Soren Bjornstad on 15 Mar, 2013 03:02 AM

> I prefer to study my materials in a random order as opposed to the
    standard decreasing intervals anki puts them in.

Anki 2 always puts non-filtered decks in random order.

3. 3 Posted by manveer on 15 Mar, 2013 03:06 AM

Thank you for the reply!

Strangely they've begun to appear in a non random order of decreasing intervals. The first 50 cards are really easy and it gets more difficult.

Anyways, the main issue I have, is with the previously filtered and reviewed cards, reappearing the next day in the original deck.

4. 4 Posted by manveer on 15 Mar, 2013 05:27 AM

strangely also, if I empty/delete a filtered deck where there are still cards in the learning phase... they don't appear for cue in the original deck (perhaps they come the next day???)

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Damien Elmes on 15 Mar, 2013 09:24 PM

Anki takes the 200 cards that are most overdue, and displays them in random order. And yes, if you remove cards from a filtered deck they are removed from learning mode. Please see the filtered decks section of the manual for more info.

6. 6 Posted by manveer on 15 Mar, 2013 09:35 PM

Thank you for your help.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Damien Elmes on 15 Mar, 2013 09:37 PM

No problem!

8. Damien Elmes closed this discussion on 15 Mar, 2013 09:37 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac