Interface bug on Add Card screen

jjrozewicki

13 Mar, 2013 05:17 AM

There's an interface bug on the Add Card screen in 2.0.8 that wasn't there in 2.0.7 and prior. When you hit Ctrl+Enter to submit the card the UI resets focus back to the upper-leftmost window control(the card Type button). In the past it would reset focus to the first text field, and you could continue typing in new cards right after hitting Ctrl+Enter. Now, though, you have to hit Tab 4 times or refocus that text box manually with the mouse before you can start typing again.

It makes it a real pain to add cards since what used to take 1 keystroke to submit a card and start on the next one now takes like 5. I type lots of new cards in all the time(10,000+ in the last 12 months), and so I've rolled back to using 2.0.7 until this is fixed. I tried the preview of the upgraded toolkit you released on the Google groups, and it was still a problem there. It would be fantastic if this could be fixed in 2.0.9.

1. 1 Posted by Soren Bjornstad on 13 Mar, 2013 12:07 PM

Hmm, it works correctly for me on Linux Mint. You're using Windows?

2. 2 Posted by jjrozewicki on 13 Mar, 2013 11:32 PM

Yeah, Windows 7 Japanese.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 14 Mar, 2013 01:04 AM

This is specific to add-ons like the Japanese Support add-on, and there's a ticket on the issue tracker about it so it should hopefully be fixed in the next release.

4. Damien Elmes closed this discussion on 14 Mar, 2013 01:04 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac