Creating new deck out of old one,cards have multi. information

Hans

10 Mar, 2013 01:19 PM

Hello Everyone,
i have trouble with this public deck, Hanyu Jiaocheng 1-3 +sound (2009) vocabulary (alle ModChin).
I am trying to generate a custom made one,but it just does not work out.

My problem: this deck has different tags,major ones are 1a,1b,2a,2b,3a,3b,
each card has 4 sub-tags speaking,writing,listening and reading. With anki 1 i could just delete the sub-tags which i did not want& i had my custom deck.The sub-tags are gone now. which leaves me with just the major ones. The sub-tags, writing etc. are still written there,but when i delete for example: 是 ,i try to delete reading,all the card vanish(speaking,writing,listening,everything related to 是)

Can anyone please help me out?I have spend the last day trying to figure something out and i failed.
Some short instruction would help!
thank you very much!

1. 1 Posted by Soren Bjornstad on 10 Mar, 2013 03:23 PM

If you want to delete certain cards in a note, you need to edit the
    template. Please take a look at these sections:
    http://ankisrs.net/docs/manual.html#_selective_card_generation
    http://ankisrs.net/docs/manual.html#conditionalreplacement

If you need more help, please post a screenshot of the Cards window for the
    note type you are using.

2. 2 Posted by someguy on 10 Mar, 2013 05:20 PM

when i delete for example: 是 ,i try to delete reading,all the card vanish(speaking,writing,listening,everything related to 是) <<<

I may not understand your problem, nor the best solution. But, I think you're referring to how Anki deletes the entire "note" when you delete any "card." (I.e., it deletes all sibling cards.). What I do is create a new deck called "hold siblings" and move cards there. At some point (there's no hurry as long as you remember that you can't delete the "hold" deck or any of the cards it contains) I export the original deck I was working with, delete it within Anki, and import the exported deck.

That has the effect of deleting the sibling cards without deleting the entire note. But, that may depend on how the siblings are generated. They may pop back into existence.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 11 Mar, 2013 09:25 PM

Importing and exporting is not a good idea, as the other cards will be regenerated whenever the note is modified. Please see Soren's reply for the correct way to approach this.

4. Damien Elmes closed this discussion on 11 Mar, 2013 09:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac