subdecks from the main deck

paperclip

15 May, 2013 09:05 PM

Hi,

I am new to Anki , so i have a basic simple problem

how do i make subdecks from a main deck ? i would like to make the subdeck as a permanent deck

the main deck has tags , but how do i know how many cards are tagged by a particular subject ? so that i can include all the cards from that subcategory and transfer those into the subdeck , sorry if my explanations are vague

for example -- if my main deck is Science

and i want to make a customizable subdeck - of - chemistry out of the main deck - Science

how do i find out how many tags have chemistry on them - so that i can include all of the chemistry cards in another deck

i got an option to use 100 cards tagged as chemistry to make a subdeck , but the chemistry cards are upto 300 cards , how do i include all of the 300 into my subdeck

Any help would be great , Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Soren Bjornstad on 15 May, 2013 10:44 PM

how do i make subdecks from a main deck ? i would like to make the subdeck as a permanent deck

You can either name the decks like Main Deck::Superdeck (with the double colon) or simply drag and drop the decks in the deck list.

the main deck has tags , but how do i know how many cards are tagged by a particular subject ? so that i can include all the cards from that subcategory and transfer those into the subdeck , sorry if my explanations are vague

In the browser, you can click the tag in the left pane, which will bring up cards tagged that way in the right pane. If you want to see the count, you can find it in the title bar.

Once you've found the cards, you can use the "Change Deck" button to transfer them into a different deck (and create a new one if necessary).

2. Soren Bjornstad closed this discussion on 03 Jun, 2013 01:01 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac