Cloze Overlapper [Official thread]

Glutanimate

25 Feb, 2017 07:47 PM

This is the official support thread for Cloze Overlapper. Please direct all of your questions, suggestions, and support requests regarding the add-on here.

Showing page 5 out of 5. View the first page

1. 121 Posted by Glutanimate on 30 Jul, 2019 06:55 PM

Hi Simon,

The version on AnkiWeb does not currently support Anki 2.1.x. Add-ons that do support Anki 2.1 are listed here, whereas add-ons that support Anki 2.0 are listed on this page. You can also check by looking at the top right below the add-on title where it will usually either say "Only supports Anki 2.0.x" or "Supports both Anki 2.0.x and 2.1.x." In case of Cloze Overlapper it says "Only supports Anki 2.0.x"

I am working on bringing Cloze Overlapper to Anki 2.1. There is a pretty stable test release available already, but it's currently limited to my Patreon supporters as part of early release access. If you feel up to the task you can also compile the add-on from source, but that requires some programming knowledge.

I am planning on completing the port over this summer, at which point I will release it on AnkiWeb.

Hope that helps!

2. 122 Posted by Ed on 11 Sep, 2019 04:04 PM

Hello there,
    I noticed that if I go to the Overlapping notes settings and I hover the "Don't generate full cloze" option, the yellow info box displayed says the same thing as the "No cues for first item" one, aka: 'Don't provide any context cues for first cloze item'

3. 123 Posted by Hien on 13 Sep, 2019 03:41 AM

Hi there! Could someone please tell me if I could add this option via the app on an iPad? I dont have an actual laptop that works.

4. 124 Posted by Simon Hedrich on 13 Sep, 2019 04:46 AM

pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }
    #ignore
    --
    Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit GMX Mail gesendet.
    Am 13.09.19, 05:41, Hien <[email blocked]> schrieb:

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

Hi there! Could someone please tell me if I could add this option via the app on an iPad? I dont have an actual laptop that works.

On Wed, Sep 11 at 09:04 AM PDT, Ed wrote:

Hello there,
    I noticed that if I go to the Overlapping notes settings and I hover the "Don't generate full cloze" option, the yellow info box displayed says the same thing as the "No cues for first item" one, aka: 'Don't provide any context cues for first cloze item'

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Cloze Overlapper [Official thread].

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

5. 125 Posted by Harman on 13 Sep, 2019 05:54 AM

Hey glutanimate!

First off I would like to thank you for creating the cloze overlapper for desktop, literally saved my life last semester in pharm and patho. I was wondering, are you planning to make cloze overlapper available for ankidroid as well?

Thanks

6. 126 Posted by Harman on 13 Sep, 2019 06:20 AM

Hey glutanimate!
    I seem to have been able to get the cloze overlapper working on my android app somehow. Anyways thanks for all you do!

7. 127 Posted by Glutanimate on 14 Sep, 2019 08:15 PM

@Ed:

Thanks for letting me know about the duplicate hover text. Added to my to-do list to fix!

@Hien:

Sorry, but creating Cloze Overlapper cards only works on the desktop versions of Anki, I'm afraid :/ However, if do somehow get access to a PC or mac, any cards you create there will work on the iPad.

@Harman:

Thanks for the kinds words! Happy to hear that you've found such a good use for the add-on, and got things to work on Android. Have fun, and best of luck with your studies!

8. 128 Posted by Ed on 29 Sep, 2019 06:54 PM

Hello! The more I use your addon the more I like it.
    Would it be possible to make the "Alt+Shift+R" button also work on normal clozes? I mean {{c1::}} vs [[oc1::]].
    It is really a minor issue, but sometimes I copy text from another card and I'm stuck with clozes I can only remove manually/changing temporarily note type/going back to the card I copied it from

9. 129 Posted by narix on 09 Apr, 2020 08:38 AM

Hello! I am using your addon for anki on PC,and i am having troubles with the sibling spacing option..My anki is overriding the sibling spacing option for new cards but when i have to review them,the cards in the review list are being seperated from one another even though i have checked the option in the settings.
    I have attached photos of my clozed overlapper and deck review settings below.

Thanks,

10. 130 Posted by Ananya on 11 May, 2020 09:04 AM

Hey! Is the cloze overlapper add-on available for anki 2.1 yet?

11. 131 Posted by Abhikaran on 12 May, 2020 08:54 PM

I am also curious if it is available for anki 2.1. And if it is not available on anki web, is there any other source we could get the add on?

12. 132 Posted by pigeonsmusik on 12 Jun, 2020 10:06 AM

HOTKEYS edit.

Hi

I was watching your tutorial and I can't seem to activate ctl+alt+shift+c.
    I've also added your remove cloze & hot keys addon and managed to find that my alt doesn't seem to work, but changing it to 'meta' on a mac works well!

So I was wondering maybe if it's possible to change the alt to meta key on the mac?

best

13. 133 Posted by pigeonsmusik on 12 Jun, 2020 10:32 AM

Hi
    I just tried it out and I can't seem to replicate what you did in your tutorial.
    add the list is fine, but when I tried to group them together as cloze i get this,

this is in the original, when adding cards

{{c1::vfdvfd}}
    {{c1::vd}}
    {{c2::vdf}}
    {{c3::vdv}}
    {{c3::dfv}}

this is when i test the deck
    {{c1
    [vd]}}
    [vd]}}

i keep getting the squiggly brackets.

any help?

best

Any ideas why this is happening?

14. 134 Posted by Glutanimate on 11 Jul, 2020 08:39 PM

Hey guys!

The Anki forums have moved to a new location, and so I've created a new support thread for Cloze Overlapper here. I will see if I can follow up on some of the outstanding questions in the old thread here soon, but for any new questions please refer to the new thread.

Thanks!

– Glutanimate

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac